Check your local Walmart

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vertacre

Check your local Walmart

Post by vertacre »

Broadheads were on clearance. I got the last 2 packs of Ram Cat for $9 a piece. They also had a bunch of Grim reaper.
xcaliber

Re: Check your local Walmart

Post by xcaliber »

I always take a trip through the sporting goods section when I go there. Good deal you got there!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
janesy

Post by janesy »

Ill be in the retirement state in two weeks! In gonna check it out. Althought they don't typically have a good selection at either of the wallyworlds near us
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Cw.abeljr

Post by Cw.abeljr »

I have 3 Walmarts within about 15 miles of me and all 3 have had their hunting clearance sales going on for about a month now. They are all pretty well wiped out. I did get some scent elimination spray and doe "P" cheap yesterday but broadheads were all gone with the exception of Swackers which they had plenty of but were not reduced in price......GOOD LUCK
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

Walmart is my go to for after season sales also. The Walmart by me actually has a "Clearance" section also. If hunting gear isn't at the sporting goods section I'll take a look at the Clearance section. I have been using an App on my Iphone called "RetailMeNot". I buy electronic gift cards at a discounted price. I just checked, Cabela's is offering a $25.00 card for $21.63 (13.48% discount) and a $100.00 card for $86.50 (13.5% discount). The app is linked to a credit card of you choice. Last week I purchased a Browning .243 A-Bolt Medallion from the gun Library for $700.00. I used the app to buy 7-$100.00 gift card costing me with the applied discount $605.50 (7*$86.50) I saved $94.50 just using the App. I saved another 5% (35.00) with the Military discount. Total cost of the rifle was $700.00-$94.50=$605.50 - $35.00= $570.00 plus tax. (Hope my math is correct) I purchased these gift cards while was in the store waiting for the salesman to finish up with another customer. I have NO vested interest in this App I'm just letting fellow outdoorsmen know that some pretty good discounts are out there. I have also used this app at Bass Pro stores, and made online purchases. Just an FYI sorry about the long rant. 197 days 19 hours 30 min until the start of Ct. Bow season.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hang in there! :lol: :lol:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Get it all now because they are closing there hunting section. At least in Canada they are getting out of hunting and shooting sports.
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

The Walmart by me quit selling guns/ammunition and archery equipment back during the Sandy Hook school shooting. All they sell is fishing/camping and a few scopes and gun cleaning kits believe it or not. They still sell fishing/hunting licenses though.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Walmart announced today they will possibly be stopping all firearm sales in their stores due to the latest school shootings in Florida.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
catclr

Post by catclr »

Below is the Firearms Sales Policy as of 2/28/18. Don't see any where that they are closing their hunting down etc., if that's the case seems must be your local store and at this point not company wide.

Walmart Statement on Firearms Policy
In light of recent events, we’ve taken an opportunity to review our policy on firearm sales. Going forward, we are raising the age restriction for purchase of firearms and ammunition to 21 years of age. We will update our processes as quickly as possible to implement this change.

In 2015, Walmart ended sales of modern sporting rifles, including the AR-15. We also do not sell handguns, except in Alaska where we feel we should continue to offer them to our customers. Additionally, we do not sell bump stocks, high-capacity magazines and similar accessories. We have a process to monitor our eCommerce marketplace and ensure our policies are applied.

We take seriously our obligation to be a responsible seller of firearms and go beyond Federal law by requiring customers to pass a background check before purchasing any firearm. The law would allow the sale of a firearm if no response to a background check request has been received within three business days, but our policy prohibits the sale until an approval is given.

We are also removing items from our website resembling assault-style rifles, including nonlethal airsoft guns and toys. Our heritage as a company has always been in serving sportsmen and hunters, and we will continue to do so in a responsible way.

"A small fraction ─ about 12 percent ─ of the hundreds of thousands of AR-style rifles sold each year in America are purchased at big-box merchandisers like Dick's, according to Southwick Associates, a market research firm that works for the National Shooting Sports Foundation, a gun industry trade group.-----From NBC News
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

What is an assault rifle? Just a plain old .223/308 that looks a little scarier? I have an old Squires Bingham in .22 that looks like an assault rifle that I got from Canadian Tire 30 or 40 years ago. Ban my Crosman MK-177 pellet gun because it looks military. :lol:
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

Actually by definition an "assault rifle" is a select fire weapon. Semi, 3 round burst and full auto. No Ar-15 is an assault rifle! They are semi auto rifles that happen to look like assault rifles. There are much more lethal semi auto rifles on the market. Thankfully the people that commit these sort of crimes don't know what they are...
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I picked up a couple scent eliminator packages from the local Walmart about 3 weeks ago.
Shampoo, soap, deodorant, laundry soap, scent killer spray.
I had one in my cart and when my wife saw that it was half price she said to buy a couple right away :)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

Today I got 4 packs of RamCats for $9/ea, 10 multi tool knives for $1/ea, and 2 lock back pockets knives for $2/ea. You just cant beat that!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

deadeer wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:22 pm
Today I got 4 packs of RamCats for $9/ea, 10 multi tool knives for $1/ea, and 2 lock back pockets knives for $2/ea. You just cant beat that!
That's a good day shopping! :wink: