Micro 335 warranty repair wrong ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Micro 335 warranty repair wrong ?

Post by Boo »

There is no bow with perfect tiller. Limbs could be out a bit or the riser may be not perfectly symetric. What counts is how it shoots. Put a fixed broadhead on and shoot it to 40 yards. If you're getting good groups, you do not have a tiller issue. An accurate bow is all that one needs in life right?
If the bow shoots broadheads well, I would forget it. If it doesn't, swap the limbs and see how it shoots. Doing this will expedite the fix. That riser modification is definitely a good thing.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Dodgethis

Post by Dodgethis »

Hi Boo,

Before the warranty fix, the crossbow was perfect. I was shooting 1.5'' group @ 50 yards. Now it does not shoot good. Getting 2''-3'' group @ 20 yards with field point. So something as to be wrong. Was shooting dime at that distance before. I even confirm my shooting skills with my dad matrix, just to be on the safe side, and with is, I am shooting perfectly.

For the comment about my trigger hook needed polishing, I did polish the hell out of them after the holiday. Almost spent an hour with my dremel polishing them. Hopefully this will help with my serving life. This is one of your string with about 100 shoots.

Excalibur confirm to me they will be sending another riser. So hopefully this will resolve the tiller issue.

Thanks,
Excalibur Micro 335
Black Eagle Zombie Slayer 16" Ramcat
Black Eagle Zombie Slayer 18" Magnus bullhead
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dodgethis wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:06 am
Getting 2''-3'' group @ 20 yards with field point.
That kind of accuracy sucks and your bow is certainly capable of much better.
Looking at the picture of checking tiller, that shouldn't effect grouping that much with field points. While your tiller maybe an issue, experience tells me that there might be something else going on. It would be prudent if you check everything else. If it were me, I would disassemble the bow completely and reassemble it, making sure that all fasteners are secure. It doesn't take much of a "not quite tight enough" fastener to effect arrow flight. Loose fasteners anywhere on the bow can cause a big issue in accuracy.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Cw.abeljr

Post by Cw.abeljr »

Boo wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:28 am
Dodgethis wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:06 am
Getting 2''-3'' group @ 20 yards with field point.
That kind of accuracy sucks and your bow is certainly capable of much better.
Looking at the picture of checking tiller, that shouldn't effect grouping that much with field points. While your tiller maybe an issue, experience tells me that there might be something else going on. It would be prudent if you check everything else. If it were me, I would disassemble the bow completely and reassemble it, making sure that all fasteners are secure. It doesn't take much of a "not quite tight enough" fastener to effect arrow flight. Loose fasteners anywhere on the bow can cause a big issue in accuracy.

This sounds like very good advice to me but since Excalibur is sending a new riser I would probably install the new riser and also check every piece of hardware on the crossbow for security when reassembling it.... good luck
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars
vertacre

Post by vertacre »

Dodgethis,

Are you happy with your repair? I think this is what has been proposed to me as a fix.

Thanks,
Steven
Dodgethis

Post by Dodgethis »

vertacre wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:37 pm
Dodgethis,

Are you happy with your repair? I think this is what has been proposed to me as a fix.

Thanks,
Steven
I ship it end of last week. Just got confirmation they received it today. They agreed to replace the modified riser with an original gen 1 riser and also make sure the tiller issue is fixed.

Peter told me there is a greater risk of limbs failure with the gen 1 riser that is why they usually modified it at the factory doing warranty repair to reduce stress on the limbs. But I love the bow the way it was without the mod. I purchased a set of spare limbs just to be sure. In my opinion they should have ask me before doing the riser replacement. It is the same if you have a flat tire and bring your car to the dealer to have it fixed. While in the shop, they reprogram the ECU to lower the engine power to release stress on the tire without your approval. This will not fly with anyone.

Base on all the positive comments on the warranty repair I have read, I am confident excalibur will fix it good this time. I will keep you posted.

Thank you.
Excalibur Micro 335
vertacre

Post by vertacre »

Thank you Dodgethis for the reply.

I agree with you about a modification to your bow without notification. Peter tells me that it is only a slight speed loss. I have also spoken to another member who had the same mod, and he agreed there was only a slight loss.

So, I am going to opt for the modified riser.

I will update with the results when the work is completed.

Steven
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

So I’m late to the party here. I have a Gen 1 Micro 335. Are you saying that Excalibur will replace the riser at no charge (like a vehicle recall) even if there have been no limb problems as a preventive measure or that they will replace those that have shown limb issues? I would think only those with limb issues but these guys have extraordinary support so I’m asking.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Are you saying that Excalibur will replace the riser at no charge (like a vehicle recall) even if there have been no limb problems as a preventive measure or that they will replace those that have shown limb issues?
If your crossbow has had no limb issues there is no real reason to replace the riser, not all 335's had limb failures only a small percentage. However, if you do experience limb issues we are automatically upgrading the riser to the newer version.

Peter
Dodgethis

Post by Dodgethis »

I got my my limbs and riser back yesterday. Excalibur did send me a an unmodified Gen 1 riser as agreed. The tiller issue also seems to be fixed. They also add a new string to cover the shipping. I did not get the time to test my turkey setup with the 4'' magnus Bullhead yet. Will try to test this week-end.

Thank you,
Excalibur Micro 335
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Dodgethis wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:57 am
OK guys, here is an update.

I did measure from the limbs exit to the string on each side and the difference is about 1/8''. I also use a square and there is a tiller issue for sure, See picture:

I also swap the limbs. After the swap, the tiller issue is the same. This tells me the riser is at fault and not the limbs.

Picture after the limbs swap (left to right):

I am working things out with Excalibur support. I will update the post once I have more details.

Thank you,
The tiller on my Equinox is worse than that,
everyone said not to wear myself out over it
I even sent it to Danny Miller and he said it wasn't bad enough to worry about. :think:

Dave :problem:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

Just to be fair and accurate, that slide square could have tolerance inconsistencies. They are ok for quick squaring but for precise squaring, use a fixed angle square. That slide square can be up to a degree off from the groove to where the slide tightens down into it. Just my opinion of course but I used them quite often in my occupation before.
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Dodgethis

Post by Dodgethis »

Here is an update:
bigbowman wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:29 am
Just to be fair and accurate, that slide square could have tolerance inconsistencies. They are ok for quick squaring but for precise squaring, use a fixed angle square. That slide square can be up to a degree off from the groove to where the slide tightens down into it. Just my opinion of course but I used them quite often in my occupation before.
This square was the only way I could have a measurement without touching the serving. I double check it with a fix square and it was good.

I took a few shot and the tiller issue is back :( . I start dismantling both limb to make sure nothing was loose and that every things is good. Upon close inspection of the limbs, one of the limbs has a bump where it sits on the riser. The bump goes across the width of the limbs. It is about 1/16 to 1/8 in thickness. This cause the tip of the limbs the be a little more forward causing the tiller issue. I had order a spare set of limbs from Peter when he was taking care of the warranty repairs. I took one of the spare limbs and swap the limbs with the bump with it. Reinstall everything and the tiller is perfect now. The other thing I realized was the seconds spare limbs is to wide and will not fit in the riser. 2 limbs out of 4 with defect. Excalibur told me they check everything (tiller and what not) and all was good. I do not get how they could have missed this. See picture:

Thank you,
Last edited by Dodgethis on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Excalibur Micro 335
Normous

Post by Normous »

Is that the Paint Blemish in red??
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Dodgethis

Post by Dodgethis »

Normous wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:10 pm
Is that the Paint Blemish in red??
I dont think it is paint. Looks more like glue or resine under the paint. It is very hard.
Excalibur Micro 335