Micro 335 warranty repair wrong ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dodgethis

Micro 335 warranty repair wrong ?

Post by Dodgethis »

Hi,

I had a cracked limb on my Gen 1 Micro 335. I send the riser assembly to excal for warranty repairs. Both limbs were replaced but now the string is not parallel anymore with the brace high line (hard to see on the picture but it is not). I have removed one limb and the riser portion under the limb seems to have been modified and black paint was applied over the modified section. Is it just me or there is an issue?

Thanks,

Last edited by Dodgethis on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Excalibur Micro 335
Black Eagle Zombie Slayer 16" Ramcat
Black Eagle Zombie Slayer 18" Magnus bullhead
SEW

Re: Micro 335 warranty repair wrong ?

Post by SEW »

That’s a modification to the riser, and a good one at that. Measure the tiller. Of course, the string should be perpendicular to the rail.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I also would question that modification if they made the riser modification while leaving the rail length it's previous length...

The newer gen ll bows have a 1/2" longer rail and power stroke to insure performance is still at 335 levels with there more swept back limb angles ( to reduce limb stress levels ) . Simillar to what it appears may have been accomplished with that modification.

I would speculate seeing this "modified riser" being closer to the performance level of a Micro 315 if it still uses the older original ( shorter, 9 1/2" ) gen 1 rail. That is the rail lenght and power stroke being used with current production 315 Micros )....

But I have been often proven to be wrong and way out in Right Field. :mrgreen:

I would have to see the rail referance marks when compared to a string with a way better serving to be sure if it's parallel or not ... It really looks to me like you need to polish your trigger latches some to prolong the life of your servings.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
janesy

Post by janesy »

The riser modification is good, don't worry. All they have done is relieved the stress point on the gen1 riser.

That would have nothing to do with the tiller, which sounds like you are having issues with. Try installing the limbs in the opposite side and see if the problem follows, only reversed, then you'll know one of the limbs is the culprit
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Dodgethis

Post by Dodgethis »

Thanks for the reply guys. So they did modified my riser. I dont get this. I never ask for them to do this. All I had was 2 splinter in my right limb. Since the gen 1 rail was not replaced and the power stroke is now shorter, speed will be impacted. Also, why are the picture I posted removed? If the wrong technic was used, how do you post picture now? I try attaching the picture, but does not seems to work.

Thank you,
Excalibur Micro 335
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

For any Micro 335 warranty with the older version riser we will automatically replace it with the updated version to avoid any riser induced limb issues. The riser would not create a tiller issue but it is possible the limbs could be slightly off. Measure from where the limb exits the riser to the string on each side and let me know what the discrepancy is. If there is an issue we will of course look after it.

Peter
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dodgethis wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:21 am
Thanks for the reply guys. So they did modified my riser. I dont get this. I never ask for them to do this. All I had was 2 splinter in my right limb. Since the gen 1 rail was not replaced and the power stroke is now shorter, speed will be impacted. Also, why are the picture I posted removed? If the wrong technic was used, how do you post picture now? I try attaching the picture, but does not seems to work.

Thank you,
The picture issue is a Photobucket issue that many people have even with their avatars.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Dodgethis

Post by Dodgethis »

Hi Peter,

I will do the measurement tonight. Can you confirm that the speed will not be affected with the new limbs angle slightly backward without having a longer rail?

As for the photobucket issue, I use a different site for the picture in the first post.

Thank you,
Excalibur Micro 335
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

The bow will be a bit slower. Less bend in the limbs = less speed.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I tested that riser and only found 3-5 fps loss depending on brace height.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Hi Peter,

I will do the measurement tonight. Can you confirm that the speed will not be affected with the new limbs angle slightly backward without having a longer rail?

As for the photobucket issue, I use a different site for the picture in the first post.

Thank you,
There may be a small reduction in speed but only a few FPS and won't be noticeable, the modification is just some insurance against any possible limb issues. Your tiller looks really close so not sure I would worry too much about that, but let me know what measurement you get.

Peter
Dodgethis

Post by Dodgethis »

For the teller issue, it is hard to tell from the picture, but there is a visible difference, 3-4mm a least when comparing the gap from the string to each bumber. Will get exact measure tonight from the limb exit to string on each side.

Thank you,
Excalibur Micro 335
Normous

Post by Normous »

Could it maybe be just a variation in bumper seating? I have seen this before.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Measure from either side of the rail, from where the rail meets the riser, or put a small carpenters square on the rail and see how the string sits compared to that. In rough terms...............3mm to 4mm is around an 1/8th of and inch, and the bumpers are about 6" apart. The rail is about 1.5" wide. Given that, an 1/8th of and inch difference at 6" would look like a 0.031" difference across the rail. That is not much but I think you could see it with a square.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Dodgethis

Post by Dodgethis »

OK guys, here is an update.

I did measure from the limbs exit to the string on each side and the difference is about 1/8''. I also use a square and there is a tiller issue for sure, See picture:

I also swap the limbs. After the swap, the tiller issue is the same. This tells me the riser is at fault and not the limbs.

Picture after the limbs swap (left to right):

I am working things out with Excalibur support. I will update the post once I have more details.

Thank you,
Excalibur Micro 335