The Thunder is back in the house!!! Updated

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GrassyKnoll

Re: The Thunder is back in the house!!! Updated

Post by GrassyKnoll »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:15 am
could be losing 20 fps with the cut back riser. my bulldog shooting those speeds with a 356 grain arrows with new limbs..when you put a forward riser on a 310 you pickup 20 fps. i say find a old forward riser and you will get 405 fps. maybe try a 2" brace height that's what they say for the bulldog
I've got to look at my Matrix 350Se to see if it has the old riser or the modded one...

My Bulldog 400 using the same 420 grain arrow and stock string clocks in at 351-352 fps also .. and the Bulldog is a bit harder to cock. :(

I know we buy them for their simplicity and reliability and that is why I now own 5 of them but I just feel they should be a little closer to the advertised speeds... I beleive both of my 380's do make speed but definitely not the Bulldog, nor now my 405...
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

the angle of the modified 405 riser i have doesnt look changed. just the edge got rolled back. if your not getting the speed i think either the limb deflection or try twisting up the string a little and see if that adds a few more fps.my Matrix models shot faster with more space between the string stops.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

foofoo wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:32 pm
the angle of the modified 405 riser i have doesnt look changed. just the edge got rolled back. if your not getting the speed i think either the limb deflection or try twisting up the string a little and see if that adds a few more fps.my Matrix models shot faster with more space between the string stops.
I will give that a shot...lol... No Pun :lol:
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger