United States Postal Service WTH

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bcxbow

Re: United States Postal Service WTH

Post by Bcxbow »

Boy do I feel stupid.............I thought it just worked liked that in the Atlanta distribution center.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I agree, but it's not just the postal services that have the issue. Customer service in general is way down. It may be that people are too busy in some cases. The alternative reasons are worse.

I recently shipped a $1000 supercharger from WV to FL to be rebuilt. It was supposed to take two days and the destination was a post office box inside a post office. It made it to the post office, but for some reason they were having a problem delivering it. After 5 days, I had the recipient start asking questions. Then I asked the USPS for a redelivery attempt. Ten days in I opened a lost package request to see if they could track it down.

Two weeks after I shipped it, I received my supercharger back in the mail. It took 8 days to get delivered. It was rebuilt and shipped back the same day. The post office was still looking for my package, and the company that was doing the rebuilding was still looking for it too. :roll: Hopefully the technicians that completed the rebuild paid more attention to the details.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
rmb721

Post by rmb721 »

I just bought a target cover on 3-11-18.

Tracking:

3-12 Spartanburg, SC

3-12 Cowpens, SC

3-13 Greensboro, NC

3-15 Philadelphia, PA

3-16 Montoursville, PA (35 miles from my house in the middle of PA)

3-17 Jersey City, NJ

3-18 In transit to next facility. I can't wait to see where that is.

Now, it no longer shows expected delivery date.

3-19 Now back at Philadelphia, PA
Last edited by rmb721 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cw.abeljr

Post by Cw.abeljr »

Several years ago my son mailed an Ithaca 10 gauge Shotgun Barrel down to Louisianna to have choke tubes installed in it. He insured the barrel for $200 if I remember correctly and when it arrived at the place that was going to do the work an empty box with a hole in the end is what arrived. The company called my son and he went to the Post office where he mailed it from with his receipt. He was told that they would investigate and get back to him. A month or so went by and he went back to the Post Office asking what they had found and was told the investigation was still going on. Again a long period of time went by with no word from the Post Office and he returned again to their Office. Nothing could be found about the barrel but you know that somewhere a barrel turned up laying around without a box. Anyway he asked about the insurance he had put on the barrel at the time he shipped it and was told to put in a claim. When he put the claim in it was denied because the duration for a claim to be filed had expired. Even though it was the Post Office that told him to allow them time to investigate the missing barrel they would not allow the claim because of the passing of the duration time that it was missing.....I don't know how many of you know this but Ithaca used to fit each barrel to each shotgun (don't know if that is still true) but without the original barrel the Shotgun receiver was useless. I found a place in Canada (can't remember now who) but the price of another barrel and having it fitted to the receiver along with shipping to and from Canada would have been more expensive than buying a new Shotgun....

So if any of you have something lost in mailing fill out a claim then and there and if they find whatever is lost they can have it.
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars