United States Postal Service WTH

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

United States Postal Service WTH

Post by xcaliber »

I don't know how they expect to make money EVER doing what they do! I sent a small package to Canada about a week or so ago. Left Griffith Indiana to Elk Grove Village Illinois, then went to Detroit Michigan, and today left Chicago Illinois which is closer than Elk Grove Village to me! :? Who do they have running this Circus? :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bigbowman

Re: United States Postal Service WTH

Post by bigbowman »

I had a scope sent to Wisconsin from SC that went from SC to Helena Montana back to Indiana then to Chicago then to Wisconsin! He paid priority 2 day mail that took 9 days to receive! They are messed up big time!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Our postal service is no better. I sent a string to France a few weeks ago and it took 9 days. I sent a string back to SC a month ago and it ain't there yet :shock:
US or CDN postal service! Remember Seinfeld?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

That was a great episode! Lol I’m a Seinfeld fan!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Oh yeah, funny episode indeed.
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

I’ve seen UPS do the same thing. Recently in fact.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

The postal service closed a bunch of processing centers so you now get the run around.
The postal service is run by average people with no college degrees in business.
They lose lots of money each year thanks to congress mandating them to pay insurance
For future employees. They quit paying on that mandate.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

I have a friend that works at USPS, the place is crazy. After the stories I've heard, it is no surprise they lose money. The problem is the system is so big and entrenched it would be hard to reform...
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I have a package coming from PA to me in Ma I was supplied with a tracking # checked just a bit ago and it reached and left my area USPS package plant at 9:30 PM last night but it is not expected to be here until Friday at 8:00 Pm it will be here today. The problem is some of the plants have closed and some of the Post offices are on limited hours . The computer systems they are working with are not up to date and some of the training that the personal get in the some of offices can be slim to none. Then there is the misdirected items that can be sent anywhere .
janesy

Post by janesy »

Ok. I went through this last month.

If you really really want to know why it takes forever for a package to clear Chicago... Go the the facebook page and start reading. Pay close attention to the woman posting about how bord she is and can't find anything to watch on Netflix. And the woman posting selfies in the washroom, dozens of times.
But don't forget to check out the loading guy giving everyone the finger. Yes folks this is Chicago ISC USPS facebook page, I poop you not.

You may ask yourself, what organization in the world lets their employees run a facebook page without any kind of control or even a care? Something you wouldn't even see at an arby's let alone a USPS

Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

In all seriousness though, I find that the tracking for both usps and CP has simply become to easy to send info to us the end user. The problem if the info is useless. But there is a difference.
If CP ships from one warehouse to another. It simply says, "a facility in Mississauga". Fair enough. Its in Mississauga

I find with USPS every facility has a name, and that makes it sound like the package is moving all over the country side

Case in point. When something is excepted into Chicago ISC, if it warrants an inspection, they ship it to Elk Grove, which is one 13 minutes away to wait until it can fit into ISC. After it clears customs it goes back to Chicago ISC. Then is goes to another facility on O'hare property. Then it leaves the country.

Thats too much I formation for the public to need to know. It creates angst and frustration. The fact its traveling all over Chicago is irrelevant, its always done that. Now we just see the path it takes and it looks lost.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dan, the package arrived yesterday. In my experience 10 days is actually pretty good!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:22 pm
Dan, the package arrived yesterday. In my experience 10 days is actually pretty good!
10 days is good, I'll take that as word! :lol: :lol:
Glad you got it Don!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

janesy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:00 am
Ok. I went through this last month.

If you really really want to know why it takes forever for a package to clear Chicago... Go the the facebook page and start reading. Pay close attention to the woman posting about how bord she is and can't find anything to watch on Netflix. And the woman posting selfies in the washroom, dozens of times.
But don't forget to check out the loading guy giving everyone the finger. Yes folks this is Chicago ISC USPS facebook page, I poop you not.

You may ask yourself, what organization in the world lets their employees run a facebook page without any kind of control or even a care? Something you wouldn't even see at an arby's let alone a USPS

Too bad these folks don't have enough to keep them busy! :lol: :lol: I work through lunch a lot of days, wish I knew what down time felt like, well maybe not, that would be unemployment! :wink:
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

USPS leaves a lot to be desired in a number of categories, but their tracking systems flat out sucks. I've had packages get here way sooner than the tracking said to expect it, and i've had packages pass through the hub 30 minutes down the road and end up in some infernal loop for a week in Dubuque Iowa or somewhere while the tracking showed it to be delivered. Every once in a blue moon it's accurate. When I was a power seller on ebay I used to have people all the time ask me where their package was, I told them hell if i know... I mailed it and where it went from there is anyones guess. Government at its best :roll:
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers