Assassin reboot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tangle Eye

Assassin reboot

Post by Tangle Eye »

When I first got my Assassin in February it developed an issue where the internal cocking cord was being cut and severely damaged after only 25 or so shots. I sent it back to Excalibur (Port Huron) where they replaced the cord, did an inspection and sent it back. Time between me shipping it to them and receiving it back was 5 days - amazingly fast service. But - after only 20 shots the issue reappeared. Once again I contacted Excalibur. They quickly agreed to just replace the entire bow as this was obviously an issue with this specific bow and not the entire series. Again - working with great speed on their part I received the new Assassin today.

I communicated with Peter about the defective bow. They found a burr on the spool that was making contact with the cable just as the spool was filling up on the cocking stroke. Indeed - a “one of” problem.

Everything is excellent. I’ve already installed a Boo Force 10 string, shot the bow 26 times, and chronographed it with my Black Eagle Executioners (400 grains) and the Quill arrows that come with the bow (350 grains). The cocking cord is in excellent condition at this point.

The chrony test was interesting (bearing in mind speed is not my biggest concern - I’m just curious). With the 400 grain BEEs my average speed was 340 FPS with the Boo Force 10 string with cat whiskers (no Ex-shoks) installed. With that same setup using the 352 grain Quill arrows my average was 358 FPS. So an 18 FPS difference between the 400 grain BEEs and the 352 grain Quills.

Tomorrow I’ll sight in the Hawke XB1 and be back in business.

And - GREAT kudos to the Excalibur customer service team for stepping up to the plate and making things right in a big hurry. I don’t have any experience with other crossbow companies but I can’t see how they could outdo Excalibur when it comes to service, fairness, and making things right.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
hankenhunter

Re: Assassin reboot

Post by hankenhunter »

Yep, thats why there is such a loyal following with Excalibur. Treat each customer like they're your only customer and you will have that customer for life. In nine years I've never had reason to complain. Think I'll stick around for a while. :wink:
Hank.
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Yep, crap does happen , but in my 2 times using warranty customer service and Danny Miller have come thru .
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You're in good hands with Excalibur, congrats on a really sweet model, sounds like a real shooter.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

The biggest reasons I purchased an Excalibur is because of their "Lifetime Warranty" and the excellent customer service reviews and product reviews I read on-line. I had a scope malfunction and a new one was back to my mail box 4 business days after I mailed the old one! The other issue I had may have been caused by operator error but they quickly replaced the the limbs and riser with new ones.
Excellent product and service... impressive reliability...awesome accuracy.
You won't see me with any other brand. :mrgreen:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

The main reason I got my Excalibur Exomax crossbow

- They look cool as hell - and shoot great

I still use original peep sight no custom bolts- strings etc,

Still sticks them in basically the same hole every time

I LOVE SHOOTING IT

Now I got to shoot it today -- lol
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

i did get to shoot the assassin @ the raven dealer.its smooth charger crank is makes no noise ..the bow is better
in person than in pictures. its going to be my next bow :D