Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ChrisK

Re: New to Excalibur Crossbows

Post by ChrisK »

Thanks ya’ll
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

Welcome to the site. A lot of good advise on here. You will be happy with your Excal. Like a few said learn it well and you will have a great Xbow. As far as what to shoot with arrows,broadheads that is a personal choice. I shoot the stock arrows that came with the package which Quills for my Micro 335 and my Vortex is the Firebolts. My broadhead of choice is NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain. Shot a lot of Deer and a Bear.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Welcome aboard, and congrats on a fine choice.
The 330 is a very good choice. More than big enough for any North American big game
and easy enough to cock for an afternoon of target practice. :thumbup:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Welcome, a lot of great people on here😊😊
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

Sew is correct about the “supremacists”. You throw in pinch of rednek Ignorance with Arrogance and you have a true pseudo cognoscenti.

These folk don’t mix well with an experienced utilitarian. You find the utilitarian often using an Excalibur crossbow, 30-30, 30-06, or other common calibers, wool & polartec, carhart, old truck, non exotic ammo...
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I am younger than some people on this forum but I have shot a lot of stuff. I shot lots of animals with a rifle but after a while it was no different then shooting a target. The animals were so far away they had no idea I was there and I had plenty of time to aim and shoot. Then when I finally got to the animal that was like we didn’t know each other at all the animals looks totally different in size and shape than I thought they would. When I started bow hunting it was totally different. I had to get close to the animals and not only did I know exactly what they look like sometimes I knew what they smelled like. I found out quickly that if I made the slightest mistake in movement or smell or sound that I was not going to get the animal . My brother cannot pull back a vertical bow and he does not like the noise or recoil from bigger rifles. So he only hunt with a crossbow because he is totally comfortable with it and he enjoys being really close to the game and that keeps it interesting for him. I don’t mind watching or hearing about other people‘s success no matter what type of arrow or bullet they use but for me it just feels like a bigger accomplishment when it’s all close and personal. My size the crossbow is the one tool that made this possible where I can do this by myself and do it right. My dad mostly uses a flintlock Because he gets a kick out of using technology from history. I think you will love your excalibur and you will quickly see that it is a tool for a purpose that no other tool can take its place totally within the guidelines that you choose to use it. Best of luck!
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

georgiaboy wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:49 pm
Welcome to the forum :D
You will find that the money you spent on your 330 to be one of the best investments you ever made. 8)
The bow you have is bullet proof and deadly accurate. It will handle any game in North America. The fun is setting it up to your needs, ie scope...arrows...strings ets. :)
Excalibur is an excellent company and this forum is a wealth of knowledge so fire away with your questions!
What he said and welcome to the forum.
Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
roly

Post by roly »

Welcome to the forum.

Shoot your bow get to know it and enjoy it,
and you won’t care what anyone says. :eusa-dance:
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

Ferguson Outfitters wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:46 pm
I don’t know the nature of the ribbing from others you are taking but all of us crossbowers have heard the BS.

Just remember If the bully doesn’t hunt with a longbow in archery season and a flintlock during rifle season then he/she is full of crap.

Just hunt!

I have been away from the forum a long time but I see some of this stuff is still going on.

A lot of the detractors react like crossbows were a recent invention.

Compound bows are, dating from their early years in the 1960's.

Crossbows go back 1,000's of years and were a prime hunting/target shooting tool in Europe in the middle ages.

Yes, the modern one's have some differences, however, so does my Martin Hunter recurve bow; the Martin Hunter may resemble a recurve of antiquity but the fiberglass laminates used in are an invention of the 20th Century.
10Ring