traintohunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

traintohunt

Post by Carnivorous »

I have no affiliation with this company but I like what they are promoting .

http://www.traintohunt.com

I thought I was in decent shape but had a rude awakening last year.

In December 2017 I went on a weekend late Season black powder hunt in Michigan. I had to walk in deep snow and hilly terrain. I noticed I was winded and had to take multiple breaks. Not to mention my Savage 10ML weighs 10lbs and I was pretty sore from carrying it all day.... Lol

I started to get back in to shape in January and it's paying off Big time. I'm down 15 of the 30lbs I need to loose and my energy level is much better. I refuse to eat junk food and processed foods.

I will be 50 in January 2019 and my plan is to be as fit as possible.

A wise friend told me the best gift you can give yourself is the gift of health. :)

Cheers
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
xcaliber

Re: traintohunt

Post by xcaliber »

Good for you young man! :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Normous

Post by Normous »

I'm with you Jeff, after rolling with some punches lately my goal is to increase my fitness level too because it adds value to most tasks that require physical activity and hunting is certainly a physical activity with all the walking, carrying...then dragging.

I can't wait to get you a huge steak, add some good beer and top it with cheesecake when you turn 50 :mrgreen:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

That will trim him up! :lol: :lol:
Patcon

Post by Patcon »

Carnivorous wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:24 am
I have no affiliation with this company but I like what they are promoting .

http://www.traintohunt.com

I thought I was in decent shape but had a rude awakening last year.

In December 2017 I went on a weekend late Season black powder hunt in Michigan. I had to walk in deep snow and hilly terrain. I noticed I was winded and had to take multiple breaks. Not to mention my Savage 10ML weighs 10lbs and I was pretty sore from carrying it all day.... Lol

I started to get back in to shape in January and it's paying off Big time. I'm down 15 of the 30lbs I need to loose and my energy level is much better. I refuse to eat junk food and processed foods.

I will be 50 in January 2019 and my plan is to be as fit as possible.

A wise friend told me the best gift you can give yourself is the gift of health. :)

Cheers
I have had similar thoughts on getting in shape. I will be 50 a month after you. My big problem is finding a good cardio method. Bad knees and feet issues limits me and my wife doesn't want me bicycling on the road. Still looking...
Charles
Excalibur Grizzly
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

If you can walk the treadmill without too much pain, and remember, you're not trying to smash a record! 20 minutes 4 days a week at slow pace, and build from there. Even just standing after work rather than sitting down for an hour is good. I'm 57 in a few weeks, and have had a few issues. I'm diabetic, and work 10 hour days. I used to make every excuse in the book for not doing it, but it's all on me. Get a good buddy to walk with you, go out in the woods for a short walk, or even walk the local Walmart, or Sports Store. A little goes a long way my brother! Heck, don't tell anyone, I even do laundry sometimes for exercise when it's cold as a SOB outside.

Good Luck folks, and much Health!
Cw.abeljr

Post by Cw.abeljr »

I'm going to be 66 in May... My wife and I walk a couple of miles each morning. Our local Mall allows people to enter the Mall prior to the stores opening and walk the main floor layout. One complete trip around the Mall is a 1/2 mile. We normally do 2 miles. When the weather is not cold we have a route around our neighborhood that is slightly over 2 miles. This might not be taxing enough for getting in shape for mountain walking but it keeps my wife and I in better shape than if we were to just sit around watching TV.
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars
roly

Post by roly »

Being 65 and retired for a year, last years rifle hunt near killed me. I still like to dog but it just about did me in because of my physical condition.
The weather hear is getting better now so I decided to start walking. I started power walking 3 weeks ago for 20 min. a day, I’m up to 40 - 45 mins now. I will level off at an hour, it’s still quite painful.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I'm 36( my workout partners were 45, 54, 56 and sometimes 66 so I know this can be done.) , at the end of my 20's I had a blood pressure issue.
Mostly due to stress. Since then I lost a pile of weight and had a pretty intense workout regime to keep under control. In a chubby guy by nature.

At Christmas my workout instructor basically shat the bed and his business crumbled. So ive been 3 months without a full workout. And let me tell you. This is tough.

The one thing I took from it that I can share , DONT think you need to go crazy. Don't think you need to do a specific about of pushups to be successful.

Break it down to minute. Every morning, do a 4 minute workout. Get a mat so it's comfortable. This is what I would do during the off weeks for training for whatever reason.

1 minute sit ups
1 minute pushups
1 minute jumping jacks
1 minute burpies.

Or

1 minute sit ups
1 minute pushups
1 minute left side crunches
1 minute right side crunches

Or whatever . if 1 minute means you did 5 sit ups or 30. It doesn't matter. It will come and it will come fast. In 3 weeks you will be so surprised what you'll achieve. And when all of a sudden it seams easy... Just increase the time to 90 seconds. And so on.

Everyone can spare 4 minutes
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

roly wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:57 pm
Being 65 and retired for a year, last years rifle hunt near killed me. I still like to dog but it just about did me in because of my physical condition.
The weather hear is getting better now so I decided to start walking. I started power walking 3 weeks ago for 20 min. a day, I’m up to 40 - 45 mins now. I will level off at an hour, it’s still quite painful.
Good for you man! Hope it gets easier soon!