Cocking rope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rugerr1

Re: Cocking rope

Post by Rugerr1 »

Wow! wasn't expecting all this kind of feed back on here. I have been on other forums(not for crossbows) and might get one reply! Thanks again for all the info guys! Cant wait until hunting Season! Any advise on a good 2 man ground blind that wont break the bank? Anyone use the Ameristep Dog house blind?
Last edited by Rugerr1 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 380
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I'm using ameristep ground blind the prices vary the one I am using you can fit 3 people in it. I feel the dog house is a little small for 2 people .
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I have an ameristep blind and I like it....but don't leave it up if you are expecting a heavy snow.
The fall of 2016 I left it out during a wet heavy snowstorm and we got more snow and wind than expected.
I couldn't find it until the snow melted last spring. It had blown about 30 yards and was completely covered by snow
(15 inches of wet snow if I recall correctly) The blind itself survived the winter just fine but I had to repair one section of the fiberglass rod which either failed from the weight of the snow or got wrapped around a tree when it took it's little trip in the wind.
I exchanged the the little 1/4" metal rods with regular tent stakes so it won't blow away again. :lol:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Rugerr1

Post by Rugerr1 »

I'm in South AL, we at best would get 4 inches of snow! I cant imagine getting that much snow! I'm mainly looking for something so my son or daughter can go with me(he is 5 she is 12) that is fairly durable and fast to set up the Dog house had pretty good reviews, and seemed to have a good price BUT....I don't mind spending more for quality, that is why I bought an Excalibur.
Matrix 380
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

With a child with you you want a bigger blind because at that age and even older one they will lose interest and will not keep still for periods of time this is where the bigger blind helps they can lay down and sleep or play a game or whatever and not crowd you unless you plan on leaving the blind when the restlessness starts. The dog house works when it is just you . I found this out the hard way little time back.
Cw.abeljr

Post by Cw.abeljr »

I left my pop up blind up this past hunting season and we got a foot of wet snow. I went to my property to retrieve it and the snow had smashed the top down and broke 3 of the fiberglass rods. It had survived 6 inches of snow in the past but the wet one foot snow was just too much for it.
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I took old adjustable tent poles and made a pvc cup that I cut out 4 grooves, sprayed it with rubber coating. I use it in my pop up blinds, keeps freezing rain and snow from collapsing the blind! They sell a product just like it for $29.99 at most hunting supply stores. πŸ˜‰
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
Rugerr1

Post by Rugerr1 »

Yeah I for sure want one big enough for him to have room so he can be entertained while waiting on the deer. This past season he fell asleep in the chair I was in in the shooting house, a nice 6 point came in and as if it was magic he opened his eyes and hollered dad its a deer!! Scared the Hell out of the deer,I think the deer is still running!
Matrix 380
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

:lol:
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
Ferguson Outfitters

Post by Ferguson Outfitters »

I marked the top left side of my cocking hook two ways and it makes it very fast. I cut some little textures and I put some spots of white appliance paint. It becomes an automatic reference for having the proper side hook face down for cocking in the dark and light.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

That happened to my twice with my youngest son one with a buck and one with a turkey the turkey scared him when it gobbled right in front of us he screamed and the bird just took off had to laugh no harm done . I see you have a GRZ2 how do you like it ? I am thinking about getting one as my ms is really messing up my arm and arm strength and need a little less draw wt. for times like this when I am having trouble cocking the high poundage .
Rugerr1

Post by Rugerr1 »

hunter with MS wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:09 pm
That happened to my twice with my youngest son one with a buck and one with a turkey the turkey scared him when it gobbled right in front of us he screamed and the bird just took off had to laugh no harm done . I see you have a GRZ2 how do you like it ? I am thinking about getting one as my ms is really messing up my arm and arm strength and need a little less draw wt. for times like this when I am having trouble cocking the high poundage .
Yeah, taking kids hunting especially at a young age is pricless and hilarious! I love the GRZ2!! It is much easier to pull back than the 380, and very accurate, I have no problems with it,zeroed in at 20 yds 4th bolt split the other. I have shot it to a distance of 35 yards (target only) target was grapefruit size all dead center! I bought the 380 for sale price plus wanted something with a little more power.
Matrix 380