Ghost Blind Sale

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ko4nrbs

Ghost Blind Sale

Post by ko4nrbs »

https://mailchi.mp/4ece6544853f/ghostblinds-veterans-day-specials-336865?e=c3c4014c59
Bill
Excalibur Exomax Crossbow Twlight DLX scope
Excalibur Firebolt Arrows
NuFletch Ignitor Nocks
Carbon Express Torrid SS 100 gr. Broadheads
Summit Viper SD Climbing Tree Stand with Sherpa Hunting cart kit
U.S. Navy 1969-1973 USS Truxtun DLGN-35
paulaboutform

Re: Ghost Blind Sale

Post by paulaboutform »

For those that have a ghost blind, what are your thoughts on the accessories? Extra panels, panel extensions, and carry bag? I'm sure you can make due but if money was no issue, what are your thoughts?

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I bought the package that has the travel pack, and extensions. i have not used the extensions, but the travel bag is a must for me. Holds my chair, and some extras. It makes packing it in the truck with all my other stuff easy, and packs on the back very well for the trek in & out.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

I have extensions and they work well the back pack I think is a must makes it easy to carry everything. I wish I would have got the 2 panel extensions but I got a few months to get them. I think it’s a great ground blind that can be used anywhere it’s quick to set up and easy to take down. Works well in late season where there’s not a lot of cover. If you get one you won’t regret it.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Thanks for the input. I do appreciate it. They are pricey and would certainly need to be justifiable. So just to clarify, you're saying get the extra panels, the height extenders and the carrying pack.???

Paul
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yes. Can't wait to read your take on this.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Cw.abeljr

Post by Cw.abeljr »

Yes they are a bit pricey....I was reading the description of one of the models and it stated that tree stands and conventional blinds have their advantages over the ghost Blind and should be used where appropriate.... Sounds like they are shooting themselves in the foot with that statement. At those prices I would use a conventional blind myself. Better scent control, less movement detected and better protection against foul weather.......just my $.02
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars
OhioXBowhunter

Post by OhioXBowhunter »

I think it’s worth the money But I would recommend buying the predator complete set it’s cheaper buying it as a set than individual items plus they usually have sales all throughout the year. I’ve had a couple of other ground blinds mostly Ameristep dog houses they are nice but usually after one season of leaving them out they are done (faded worn or sometimes gone)my buddy has had his ghost blind for about 5 seasons now and it still looks new I’ll be going on my 2nd season with mine. The way I look at it if I get at 5-6 seasons out of it I’m ahead plus I like the fact it’s easier than a conventional blind to take down and move to another spot if you need to.
400 Suppressor TD
Bulldog 440
Matrix 405
Black Eagle Zombies
Black Eagle Executioners
G5 Montecs / Mega meats
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Cw.abeljr wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:05 am
Yes they are a bit pricey....I was reading the description of one of the models and it stated that tree stands and conventional blinds have their advantages over the ghost Blind and should be used where appropriate.... Sounds like they are shooting themselves in the foot with that statement. At those prices I would use a conventional blind myself. Better scent control, less movement detected and better protection against foul weather.......just my $.02
Soooo.....it sounds like you're not happy with your ghost blind? :eusa-whistle:

Paul
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I killed a big wide 8 pointer 2 years ago that used to cross a big stubble corn field. The closest tree was 400 yards away ,lt would be hard with a crossbow at that range lol.The ghost blind got me a 40 yard shot in a wide open field. . I also prefer a treestand but as l said lts just another tool in the hunters bag of tricks just as climbing sticks /climbing stands and ladderstands. After investing a thousand bucks on a good crossbow its really not that big of a step. I borrowed a ghostblind from a friend years back and killed a doe after 20 minutes in it. .....lt wasnt a real hard sell for me !
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Cw.abeljr

Post by Cw.abeljr »

paulaboutform wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:10 am
Cw.abeljr wrote: Yes they are a bit pricey....I was reading the description of one of the models and it stated that tree stands and conventional blinds have their advantages over the ghost Blind and should be used where appropriate.... Sounds like they are shooting themselves in the foot with that statement. At those prices I would use a conventional blind myself. Better scent control, less movement detected and better protection against foul weather.......just my $.02
Soooo.....it sounds like you're not happy with your ghost blind? :eusa-whistle:

Paul
No, I don't own one. I was just posting what I read on the website that the company posted about tree stands and conventional blinds having advantages over the ghost blind. I just feel if a pop up blind has advantages over the ghost blind why would I want to buy it instead of a conventional blind at the prices they are asking for it. I killed a 8 pointer out of my pop up at 12 yards a couple years ago..... I don't hunt in a vast wilderness here in Maryland so the short distance that I have to haul my pop up to the area that I hunt is not a big deal to me to take it in....If I had a long walk I might consider the ghost blind but I see no advantage to it for my hunting purpose. Sorry if I offended anyone with my post about the ghost bliind. It was not my intention to do so. I was simply posting my view and I'm sure there are others who feel the same if hunting in my situation of short walks and in inclimate weather. I enjoy hunting when it is raining and the ghost blind offers no protection against it as the pop up blind does and even though I like hunting in the rain, I don't like sitting exposed in it.
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I see your point and I'm sure no one has been offended. My understanding of what they said is that the different style of blinds and stands each have their strengths and weaknesses. I think that's a fair statement. I must admit I like the cover my double bull blind offers but I definitely see the potential of the ghost blind in different setups.

Paul
DMc

Post by DMc »

It seems to me that the Ghost Blind has one distinct attribute. There is no time period needed for the animals to get used to its presence. It can be set down anywhere in an open field or wooded area and it looks like nothing. A standard blind may look like it should be there but it can be seen and a wary animal will notice that it is a new feature.
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

Wish they had these years ago. Lots of positive applications. I know I was mostly negative before but thinking way easier in the long run. Maybe if left overnight might not find it. Jokingly. Lol
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm going to price out some fiancee and roll on reflective wrap and possibly some Lexan to see how much a DIY ghost blind would cost. I'm guessing a whole lot less. :eusa-dance:

Paul