Sheds and Floods

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Species8472

Sheds and Floods

Post by Species8472 »

Out and about today:

Lots of flood evidence from a rainstorm and thaw we had back in February. This is about 100 yards from the edge of the river and vertically is about 8 feet higher than the normal water level. It is also about 10 yards from and at about the same elevation as a spot where I often have a blind set up

This culvert is normally on a small creek that is 18 inches wide by 1 to 3 inches deep. It is a 24 inch culvert and has never washed out before. Ended up caught up in the trees about 15 yards from where it was originally installed:

And to end the day I got the side by side stuck. They are great tools but mine does not have the same clearance as an ATV. Shady spot on a 20% slope with about 15 inches of snow for a 100 yards or so. Snow had been frozen and thawed a bunch of times giving it a very hard dense consistency and once the frame was hung up it was just spinning all 4 wheels in the air. Really need to put a winch on that thing.

Last edited by Species8472 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Cw.abeljr

Re: Sheds and Floods

Post by Cw.abeljr »

That's a bummer.... I have a winch on the front of my ATV plus I carry an 8' choker strap and 25'' tow strap in case I get hung up while in the woods. I'll use the choker around a tree and the winch cable plus the tow strap if I'm farther away from a tree than my winch cable can reach.
Clyde
Micro 335 Nightmare
Reds/Air Brakes/Sound Deafening system

Axiom 305 SMF
S5/dissipator bars