Scorpion Optics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

Scorpion Optics

Post by Normous »

Has anyone mounted a Canadian made Scorpion Optic Venom XBOW 3x32 scope?
It has a decent reticle and does no break the bank.

https://www.scorpionoutdoors.com/collections/venom-hi-grade/products/venom-hi-grade-3x32-ir-xbow
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Species8472

Re: Scorpion Optics

Post by Species8472 »

Do not have that specific scope but I have similar price point Scorpion models on a 17 hmr and 17 WSM. No complaints. Not really high end or anything but acceptable performance and good value. Use them regularly and there is a particular wild grape patch at my camp that is thick with grouse when the grapes are ripe. I set up at 50 to 70 yards and take head shots right until last light with both 17s. Glass is good enough that you can easily make it to last light and beyond if it were legal.

They seem to be reasonably tough as well as I once took a header with the hmr on my back via a sling. Landed on the rifle. After cleaning the mud out of the action I tested it and it was still holding zero.
Last edited by Species8472 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

they look like a few re- badged out the back door China made scopes ive seen. slapped on with a company logo . they may be alright but for reliability i prefer Leupys.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I had a look at the Scorpion crossbow scope.

Pros - I like the reticle and it's illuminated. size and weight seems good.

Cons - it a fixed power scope. Yardage markers will be off unless you get really lucky. It would be better suited with a 30mm tube.

Overall it's another good attempt to make a Xbow scope and they are almost there. Lol

Hawke is still the king of crossbow specific scopes. They realize not every crossbow shoots the same speed and the glass and reticles are good enough for a 40yard kill zone.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.