Excalibur Tac Pac

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

seabee401

Excalibur Tac Pac

Post by seabee401 »

Is this worth the money just to attach the crosspod for benchrest sighting in? Is there a cheaper alternative to the Tac Pac to attach a bipod for sighting in? Maybe a swivel type attachment bipod?
Thanks
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
BrotherRon

Re: Excalibur Tac Pac

Post by BrotherRon »

I considered a bi-pod in the past but my boat cushion works great. :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

I tried to use a swivel bipod adapter on my Assassin but the swivel stud is too close to the fore end for my adapter to work. Just not enough room. I don’t remember the brand I have but that will be an issue on that bow with some bipods. They don’t mention it on the website but I’m not sure how (or if) the Tac PAC would work on an Assassin either. Of course that may be irrelevant.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

seabee401 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:01 pm
Is this worth the money just to attach the crosspod for benchrest sighting in? Is there a cheaper alternative to the Tac Pac to attach a bipod for sighting in? Maybe a swivel type attachment bipod?
Thanks
Tom
I really LIKE my TacPac rail. It gives me three rails to attach my quiver, video camera, and a Night Light. Rail accessories are everywhere right now!! Nice that Excalibur still offers them for the Matrix.

One of the nicest accessories that I have bought for my bow is the TacPac. I think these would be on everybody's bow if they were just a touch cheaper. Future bows will probably come with them factory attached.

I kinda wish that I wouldn't have had to buy the front grip...but I may get bored and try the grip someday :mrgreen:

I don't believe that it would be worth it, "if" your only use for the rails was to anchor a rest for sight in.
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

MTBighorn wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:54 am
seabee401 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:01 pm
Thanks
Tom
I really LIKE my TacPac rail. It gives me three rails to attach my quiver, video camera, and a Night Light. Rail accessories are everywhere right now!! Nice that Excalibur still offers them for the Matrix.

One of the nicest accessories that I have bought for my bow is the TacPac. I think these would be on everybody's bow if they were just a touch cheaper. Future bows will probably come with them factory attached.

I kinda wish that I wouldn't have had to buy the front grip...but I may get bored and try the grip someday :mrgreen:

I don't believe that it would be worth it, "if" your only use for the rails was to anchor a rest for sight in.
Yeah, was thinking that too. A lot of $ to just sight in , when I can use sandbags. I wonder if there is a picatinny rail that matches the holes on the bottom. Then I can just buy that cheaper?
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Check the Brownell's catalogue. They may have pic. rail that you can custom drill for your application.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

We are actually about to bring out a new style Tac-Pac that will fit the new models like the Assassin, Micro's and Bulldogs. Don't have a part number or pricing yet but should be available soon. :eusa-dance:

Peter