DrStirrup items for Assassin?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tangle Eye

DrStirrup items for Assassin?

Post by Tangle Eye »

I’ve been looking at the DrStirrup line of accessories and definitely plan to get the Stirrup and dbBumpers for my Gen 1 Micro 335. I also like the idea of the Stirrup for the Assassin although it doesn’t need it for cocking purposes. The stability when propped up and safety issues of the covered broadhead and impossibility to injure yourself if you make the serious error of decocking with an arrow installed are key points I like. I talked with Gaston by phone today and found the Stirrup isn’t ready for the Assassin due to the way the Assassin quiver attaches.

But - my question is about putting the dbBumpers on the Assassin to replace the REDS pads. Since the Assassin has Excalibur air brakes - how will that affect the function of the dbBumpers. I understand the dbBumpers are designed for the string to directly impact them and the REDS bumpers are not (not direct impact). That is, will the dbBumper interfere with the airbrakes or vice-versa?

Hope that makes sense.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
mchurch

Re: DrStirrup items for Assassin?

Post by mchurch »

Just curious, are you considering getting custom arrow for your assassin? I am shooting double walled spinal tapos from mine.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
Tangle Eye

Re: DrStirrup items for Assassin?

Post by Tangle Eye »

mchurch wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:20 pm
Just curious, are you considering getting custom arrow for your assassin? I am shooting double walled spinal tapos from mine.
I’m shooting Black Eagle Executioners I got from Wyvern right now. I’ll probably stick with those although I do want to try some 2219s at some point. I’m set up to make and fletch my own so I can experiment some if the mood strikes me.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.