Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: wow what happened while I was gone

Post by Boo »

amythntr wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:16 pm
MickB wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:45 pm
haven't been on the forums for a while. What happened to matrix 355, 380, 405??
They didn;t all need overhauls did they?
....THE WORLD KEPT TURNING! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
And the sky did not fall! :eusa-dance:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

MickB wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:22 am
janesy wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 7:13 pm
I like to compare them to pickup trucks.

Its not that pickups from the past were no good. They were great, and they always got better.
But thats the things, they got better. Doesnt render the older models obsolete, just old .
I see them much closer to guns actually. They are a simple mechanism unlike a vehicle. Guns and gun designs from 10, 20, 50+ years ago just as good as today. And weatherby and Remington don't completely dump their current products and invent new actions every 5 years. Just saying
Aside from the 870 and 700(both hold there own mostly by government contract). The list of models released, modified and then discontinued from remington alone is actually far higher than excalibur. Its actually fairly safe to say that the do in fact design a new action every few years. But I'll agree they keep their bread and butter, as course and poorly QC'd as they to offer them these days at least. :D
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
MickB

Post by MickB »

Aside from the 870 and 700(both hold there own mostly by government contract). The list of models released, modified and then discontinued from remington alone is actually far higher than excalibur. Its actually fairly safe to say that the do in fact design a new action every few years. But I'll agree they keep their bread and butter, as course and poorly QC'd as they to offer them these days at least. :D
Remington is 100x larger than excalibur and in 150 years of course you can cherry pick changes. Their mainstays as you say don't change though. Just like wby vanguard/mkv, howa, CZ/brno, sako75, tikka, blaser 93, M70's, made and cloned forever. Variations might change, those actions don't. The point being Excalibur does drop its bread and butter. Its retained ZERO of its famous past high performance models, all completely gone.
DMc

Post by DMc »

MickB wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:39 am
... Its retained ZERO of its famous past high performance models, all completely gone.
It is not just Excalibur. We are currently living in the most consumptive and wasteful period this world has ever experienced.

It no longer matters that "it" works well. It must be new!
MickB

Post by MickB »

Good point. I don't have anything against Excalibur themselves, they are obviously still the best in the industry
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

DMc wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:06 am
MickB wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:39 am
... Its retained ZERO of its famous past high performance models, all completely gone.
It is not just Excalibur. We are currently living in the most consumptive and wasteful period this world has ever experienced.

It no longer matters that "it" works well. It must be new!
Well said, In the past, you bought something and used it until it was worn out or just not feasible to repair. If it was real good you passed it down to the next generation. Now it seems like everything must be the latest and greatest and anything less gets tossed. I blame it on the digital everything-must-be-instant-and-the-latest-iteration generation. Sad commentary but thats how I see it...
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
MickB

Post by MickB »

Correct and also being a small niche market once its saturated with users, the main way to drive profits is to keep selling new variations to the same folks.
MickB

Post by MickB »

SEW wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:49 pm
I’m nearing 5,000 shots on a M380 over 6 years, 2,500 on a BD400, >1,000 on a M405. As long as the Matrix series have the slightly opened up risers and rounded edges , I expect extreme reliability. My M380 (which I modified at the beginning) has over 3X more shots w/o a problem than any compound I ever had. All these bows now have corrected riser problems.
I had a little trouble warming up to my BD400 initially: now it’s my favorite.
Personally, I think concerns about current Excalibur reliability are unwarranted.
So you say concerns about Excalibur reliability are unwarranted but then you say all your matrixes need 'corrected risers'? :eusa-think:
Just asking as I am taking my matrix 380 out of storage after a couple years of not being able to use it much, and would be interested to know what happens without this modification...
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

MickB wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:44 am
SEW wrote:
I’m nearing 5,000 shots on a M380 over 6 years, 2,500 on a BD400, >1,000 on a M405. As long as the Matrix series have the slightly opened up risers and rounded edges , I expect extreme reliability. My M380 (which I modified at the beginning) has over 3X more shots w/o a problem than any compound I ever had. All these bows now have corrected riser problems.
Personally, I think concerns about current Excalibur reliability are unwarranted.
So you say concerns about Excalibur reliability are unwarranted but then you say all your matrixes need 'corrected risers'? :eusa-think:
Just asking as I am taking my matrix 380 out of storage after a couple years of not being able to use it much, and would be interested to know what happens without this modification...
....where does it say "corrected risers?" :eusa-think: I had found my Matrix 380 Blackout to be extremely reliable from the time I bought it in 2013 to the time I sold it earlier this year....never an issue :eusa-snooty: ....if you are worried and would like an advanced insurance policy.....then order a pair of extra limbs just so you can sleep at night.....otherwise just brush off the dust, adjust the brace height and shoot away MickB.....and if you were to pay for my plane flight (round trip, of course :lol: ) I would hand deliver a replacement pair to you whenever you would need it! :thumbup:

Shoot away and enjoy....and be careful of those "zombies"....STSHTF! :mrgreen:

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
SEW

Post by SEW »

MickB wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:44 am
SEW wrote:
I stated that with the tight and sharp edged risers modified, that I don’t expect any problems.
Only on my original M380 did I personally, initially modify my riser. I have never had an issue with my most shot xbow, my M380.
On my M405s and BD400 , I did no modifications and had cracked limbs on all 3. The BD came back with an entirely new, perfect riser and new limbs. On my 2 M405s, reworked risers/ new limbs came back. I further smoothed and slightly opened up the risers slightly more . I don’t expect any problems out of these modified risers nor the new riser.

To your question. I don’t think there will be many problems with the new riser designs on all new Excaliburs nor the reworked risers on existing older models (Matrix, Micro, BDs). I do think, if shot enough, the models with sharp edges and tight fitting risers will eventually fail. All 3 of mine did.
MickB

Post by MickB »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:18 am
As long as the Matrix series have the slightly opened up risers and rounded edges , I expect extreme reliability. My M380 (which I modified at the beginning) has over 3X more shots w/o a problem than any compound I ever had. All these bows now have corrected riser problems.
....where does it say "corrected risers?" :eusa-think:
ummm above? :eusa-think:

I believe SEW has now clarified what he meant.
I had found my Matrix 380 Blackout to be extremely reliable from the time I bought it in 2013 to the time I sold it earlier this year....never an issue :eusa-snooty: ....if you are worried and would like an advanced insurance policy.....then order a pair of extra limbs just so you can sleep at night....
If limbs failing are the main potential I will happily order backups and sleep well.) I sound very critical but you have to remember when 10,000 miles away you develop a keen sense for issues, or OCD, one or the other. :D
Shoot away and enjoy....and be careful of those "zombies"....STSHTF! :mrgreen:
Unfortunately the zombies are in power. 2 of our 7 states have banned crossbows. And also US and Canada closing up a lot of exports to countries, even those who are allies, thanks to the so called global terrorism threat. That's the real SHTF issue.
Last edited by MickB on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MickB

Post by MickB »

SEW wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:07 am

I stated that with the tight and sharp edged risers modified, that I don’t expect any problems.
Only on my original M380 did I personally, initially modify my riser. I have never had an issue with my most shot xbow, my M380.
On my M405s and BD400 , I did no modifications and had cracked limbs on all 3. The BD came back with an entirely new, perfect riser and new limbs. On my 2 M405s, reworked risers/ new limbs came back. I further smoothed and slightly opened up the risers slightly more . I don’t expect any problems out of these modified risers nor the new riser.

To your question. I don’t think there will be many problems with the new riser designs on all new Excaliburs nor the reworked risers on existing older models (Matrix, Micro, BDs). I do think, if shot enough, the models with sharp edges and tight fitting risers will eventually fail. All 3 of mine did.
Thanks SEW I get what you are saying

1. Once the risers were modified you didn't expect problems, got it.

2. The 3 you had without modifications, all failed, and you think with enough shots they usually will.

3. The repaired models you had, came back with reworked risers as well as new limbs.

Thanks. So with a stock standard matrix I obviously still have the old potential issue, that is usually fixed by corrected riser. Not sure if that's something I can get done here, so I will just buy limbs at get on with life.
Last edited by MickB on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
MickB

Post by MickB »

SEW btw can I ask what your shot count was on those bows , you probably put more shots through than I will get to anyway. Also what exactly is changed with the riser modifications. Is there a video or thread on it, for interests sake. I am still working out the anatomy of crossbows.