wow what happened while I was gone

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MickB

wow what happened while I was gone

Post by MickB »

haven't been on the forums for a while. What happened to matrix 355, 380, 405??
They didn;t all need overhauls did they?
Boo

Re: wow what happened while I was gone

Post by Boo »

Every year manufacturers bring new/different stuff to the market to gain or maintain market share. I don't know why the 355 Matrix was not turned into a Bulldog but I can only imagine it wasn't a hot seller. But the Bulldog is the future bow series that the Matrix bows went to. The real "hot" news is the Assassin, the 308 and the Charger.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

And Micro 355! :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
MickB

Post by MickB »

ok I guess this is the difference between smaller businesses and corporations. I still miss the exo and vortexes and the sheer longevity they had in the market :) So down to technicalities what are the main limb differences between matrix and bulldog? What isn't my matrix 380 doing that the bulldogs are?
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

The Bull dog utilizes the bull-pup stock design. It moves the trigger forward with a linkage. This improves the center balance and a shorter overall bow length.

I have been using my modified Bulldog\Micro bow for a few months now. For me this design is simply awesome! I can shoot free hand much better and the linkage absorbs the vibratIon in the trigger. My Micro shoots 350fps and is 30.5" in length. This is all the speed I will ever need....
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Ragumup

Post by Ragumup »

Carnivorous wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:05 am
The Bull dog utilizes the bull-pup stock design. It moves the trigger forward with a linkage. This improves the center balance and a shorter overall bow length.

I have been using my modified Bulldog\Micro bow for a few months now. For me this design is simply awesome! I can shoot free hand much better and the linkage absorbs the vibratIon in the trigger. My Micro shoots 350fps and is 30.5" in length. This is all the speed I will ever need....
Tell me more about this modified bulldog/micro what rail ? Power stroke, standard trigger etc etc
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Ragumup wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:05 am
Carnivorous wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:05 am

Tell me more about this modified bulldog/micro what rail ? Power stroke, standard trigger etc etc
This little demon started out as Bulldog black ops 400.
I had the mainframe milled down to Micro Suppressor specs
Micro Suppressor and Matrix Bulldog use the exact same riser

So now I have an all black Micro Suppressor.. :)

As an added bonus I got the black ops on sale and saved over $400.00 over the price of the suppressor.. ;)

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Ragumup

Post by Ragumup »

That’s a sharp looking bow though I would of made the rail quarter of an inch longer so it bit more than a suppressor...lol
MickB

Post by MickB »

So they made it shorter? okay...
janesy

Post by janesy »

MickB wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:37 am
So they made it shorter? okay...
Little more to it than that. Shorter, the weight is cloer to yoir shoulder. The riser is different before. They are now more compatible across the line, especially if you are mixing and matching with micro components, as Carnivorous was describing.

Its a good change.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
MickB

Post by MickB »

when they add a few inches length , width and about 10 years longevity, calling it a vortex or exo in the process I'll hail it as a good change. :D Until then I wish them luck with their market share goals.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I’m nearing 5,000 shots on a M380 over 6 years, 2,500 on a BD400, >1,000 on a M405. As long as the Matrix series have the slightly opened up risers and rounded edges , I expect extreme reliability. My M380 (which I modified at the beginning) has over 3X more shots w/o a problem than any compound I ever had. All these bows now have corrected riser problems.
I had a little trouble warming up to my BD400 initially: now it’s my favorite.
Personally, I think concerns about current Excalibur reliability are unwarranted.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I like to compare them to pickup trucks.

Its not that pickups from the past were no good. They were great, and they always got better.
But thats the things, they got better. Doesnt render the older models obsolete, just old .
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

MickB wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:45 pm
haven't been on the forums for a while. What happened to matrix 355, 380, 405??
They didn;t all need overhauls did they?
....THE WORLD KEPT TURNING! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
MickB

Post by MickB »

janesy wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 7:13 pm
I like to compare them to pickup trucks.

Its not that pickups from the past were no good. They were great, and they always got better.
But thats the things, they got better. Doesnt render the older models obsolete, just old .
I see them much closer to guns actually. They are a simple mechanism unlike a vehicle. Guns and gun designs from 10, 20, 50+ years ago just as good as today. And weatherby and Remington don't completely dump their current products and invent new actions every 5 years. Just saying