DO you let phisical problems keep you down ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mdcrossbow

DO you let phisical problems keep you down ?

Post by mdcrossbow »

I am supposed to be on the Eastren Shore of Md. this weekend hunting Sika deer but I can't walk the marches , I can't strighten up. But as far as hunting around here I am ok on hard ground.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

DaveHawk can they set ya up in a swamp buggy :?:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Not in Black Water refuge. I should look into it for next year. But then again they will most likely say hunt the hard ground. And that's not where them lil buggers are.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

I can make it out there to a tree okay, I just have problems sitting more than 2 hrs. at a stretch in a tree stand. I have kyphosis, curvature of the spine, pretty badly and for some reason *pain* makes hunting a lot less enjoyable. :cry: I have a blind with a fold up chair that helps a lot, but there is nothing like the view from a good tree.
So, I say no. I don't let physical problems keep me down. I just have to be real careful and slow down quite a bit.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

:shock: deleted was telling on my self...
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Gary, I have 3 perferated lower dics and I bought a Lone Wolf sclimber, I bought the sling seat with it and it helps me out a great deal for long sits. But I have to stand every so often to keep the blood flow i my legs or they go num from the hip down.
PaJack

Post by PaJack »

I have been in a wheelchair for the last 3 years and with a little help,I can get on my ATV and go hunting! The state of PA gives out permitts to hunt from a vehicle and I use my Honda as my "blind". Get out anyway you can and enjoy the outdoors,I have killed deer,turkeys,and even took a pronghorn antelope without the use of my leg's... :D
Hunt Safe,
Jack
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I also have a bad back. I think a disc problem, if I push in between my vertebrae I can feel the pain and the disc move about. But I won't let that stop me. Too many people will use the slightest pain as an excuse to give up, I can't allow myself to do this. I would rather be uncomfortable and put forth the effort than lay on the couch all day feeling sorry for myself.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

chris4570 wrote:I also have a bad back. I think a disc problem, if I push in between my vertebrae I can feel the pain and the disc move about. But I won't let that stop me. Too many people will use the slightest pain as an excuse to give up, I can't allow myself to do this. I would rather be uncomfortable and put forth the effort than lay on the couch all day feeling sorry for myself.
Duh :!: ya hit a soft spot with me on that chris4570, But no serious rebuttal....However stating Too many people will use the slightest pain as an excuse to give up....is a very incorrect expression as you could in no way feel their PAIN :!: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

PaJack, I have to tell you I admire anyone in your condition who has taken the hard nocks that life has given and still have a great out look on life. Your a great hunter in my book !
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

DaveHawk wrote:PaJack, I have to tell you I admire anyone in your condition who has taken the hard nocks that life has given and still have a great out look on life. Your a great hunter in my book !
"DITTO" in my book also :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
PaJack

Post by PaJack »

Thank's for the kind words guys! Either sit home and feel sorry for myself,or get out and go KILL SOMETHING... :lol:
Hunt Safe,
Jack