Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Charger crank

Post by amythntr »

SEW wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:56 am
Anthony,
Tomorrow is my 71st birthday. I retired on Jan 15, 2018 after 4 years of college, 2 years of chemist/part time Volvo mechanic, 10 years of USAF (college at night 3 1/2 years ), 4years of Dental college/flying in the guard/giving flight instruction, 35years of dentisting and flight instructing. I was tired!!!
Retirement is great! 6 Saturdays a week, and took less than a minute to adapt. No regrets!
Do nothing to delay or postpone retirement.

A few words of “wisdom”. I am a physical fitness advocate and don’t want to get physically old. With that in mind, I normally shot compound vbows in the 55-60# range and traditional bows in the 45-52# range. Having not destroyed my shoulder, I can still shoot vbows w/o any problem. Even 70-80# if I wanted. I don’t. Just shoot my 52# recurve that I wish were a 42#.

With xbows, what we “can” rope cock isn’t necessarily what we should “prudently” cock. IMO, maybe the max is a 200# Excal or a 150-160# compound (if there is a large energy area of the force/draw curve), but nothing above. Just for hunting only, a Dr Stirrup kit with rope for M350/355 might be ok. However, I think the Micros and M380+ puts a serious strain on the intervertebral sacs/discs which may eventually prove to be even more disastrous that injured shoulders.
I can repeatedly rope cock all of my Excaliburs (380,400,405s). I never do. I love my back.
.....I think many, if not all, on this forum would stand with me raise a glass of their favorite beverage and say congratulations :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: to your retirement and your enjoyment of your 6 Saturdays per week! I know even you need one day of rest from your 6 Saturdays and because of that all important 7th Day, may the Lord continue to Bless you and your family....

Anthony :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
ROGER THAT

Re: Charger crank

Post by ROGER THAT »