What is wrong with these people?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

otisbrazwell

Re: What is wrong with these people?

Post by otisbrazwell »

a lot of those shows you can see fence wire in the back round. once i was elk hunting out in Utah with friends
with out a guide. ranch was surrounded by fish lake state land it was a 18,000 acers free range big country. well
a tv hunting show guy showed up with 6 hunters.ranch was a sheep ranch at one time with a cook spam and dinning
room . the guide and 6 hunters had dinner with us they were the big show with the movie star. come time to hunt they all
got a big zero and left. there was 12 of us we got 11 elk( spikes and cows) hunting hard for 7 days. the tv guy
was a complete dbag needing to have game walked by him on a leash .
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:57 am
Hunting shows for the most part are nothing but reality shows for hunters where very little is to be believed. Sort of like politics, 99% smoke and mirrors and 1% real. :eusa-hand:
The hyperventilating is there for you to see that they are excited :eusa-liar:
Why cant they be like fishing shows and be 100% real :eusa-dance:
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

I have hunted with a couple of well known “hunting show personalities” and can tell you that I was sickened by the way people are being deceived. Anytime a hunt or shot did not go as planned they would film the animal after it finally died and then dub in a shot that was recorded later that day or the next day behind the cabin. That ended my so called “celebrity” days. :(

Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

I admit I do watch several hunting shows and realize while I’m doing it that these are made for TV. These folks are in the entertainment business just like people who make superhero movies are. They are heavily sponsorship driven of course; ever notice how all of the clothes and equipment are obviously new? Sometimes the retakes, etc. are obvious (time of day, etc.). Surely they must know even a novice outdoor person would notice this.

Another thing I think is funny, although appreciated, is the makeup and beauty treatment most of the female hunters have on. I’ll tell you what, if I’m getting up at 3am to be in the turkey woods at daylight I’m not going to worry about my hair and makeup. Eye candy to be sure - but again - appreciated none-the-less.

And the idea of just letting a really nice deer walk by so he can get bigger for next year is foreign to me (especially on public land). I hunt for enjoyment, peace of mind, and for the table; I just like it. I’d just as soon have a nice doe as a nice buck - I already have antlers on the wall.

This, of course, drives the hunting industry in an economic direction too since many of the shows are half-hour infomercials. I’ve priced hunting at some of these outfitters featured on the hunting shows. To say my jaw dropped at the price is an understatement. But, its business and I get it although its unfortunate for just common folks who enjoy hunting too.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I prefer the down to earth relaxed nature of Jim Shockey during his shows over any other hunting show that I have watched.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

I can't stomach Shockey gotta be gotta be one of the biggest fakes going. I have a few buddies that hunted with his outfit years ago and they all had nothing good to say.

I do watch the hunting public. These guys used to be with midwest whitetail and cabelas spring thunder but I don't think they were commercial enough for them as those shows mostly have the tv hunters now.
I just watched a turkey hunt in Alabama on public land and I think in like 6 days they killed 2 turkeys but showed all the stuff that goes into a hunt for most of us poor guys especially on public ! They even had to go into Macdonalds to use the free wifi to get some of their videos out because they camp out in tents! They are definitely hard core .
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

I am shocked :shock: :lol:
Two times in less than a week.
First Facebook :roll: and now this revelation about TV Hunting Shows being staged. :eusa-liar:

What's next ???

FISHING SHOWS or worse yet Wrestling :shock:

Can't image a shows being on air for very long or getting any sponsorship that reflects the majority of our true hunting experiences.
Long Hours sitting in Stand or Blind seeing nothing day after day. Ending the season with TAG Soup. :?
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Carnivorous wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:45 am
The high 5's and the term "smoked him" make my skin crawl. This is a huge disrespect to the animal that was just killed. It's not what it's all about!! High 5's and cheers are for football..
I have to agree. smoked, nailed, hammered, smashed etc show a lack of respect. Sad to say that the majority of hunting shows use these terms at some point, even the Excalibur sponsored ones. I get being happy about a trophy animal but using such terms is just way to sell sell sell
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Carnivorous wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:45 am

The high 5's and the term "smoked him" make my skin crawl. This is a huge disrespect to the animal that was just killed. It's not what it's all about!! High 5's and cheers are for football..
I have to say I do understand the Hi 5's the term "smoked him' may not the the best choice of words for sure.
I only time I let a show get under my skin is when I see questionable hunting practises which are clearly unsafe or a bad example for novice hunters.
Anyone who has hunted in group / hunt camp has hi 5 ed once or twice I am sure. Just part of the camaraderie.

As well I and sure most of us have heard some very colourful stories from the one doing the shooting at times embellishing the moments leading up to and making the shot around the hunt camp table " ad nauseam". :eusa-popcorn:

For me even after many years of hunting the old heart rate and breathing still increases which when the excitement fades for me I know it is time to pack it in and find something else to do with my leisure time.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I have always appreciated a handshake. And offered many as a form of congratulations. But I do feel the Hi5 kinda cheapens it. Save the Hi5 for lawn bowling.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Mashstalker

Post by Mashstalker »

I just started watching The Hunting Public as another mentioned and I like those guys. Bear Horizon is another favorite but they got the money for outfitted hunts and don't deny it. But yeah most of the shows suck for deer
wabi

Post by wabi »

janesy wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:48 am
Boo wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:57 am
Hunting shows for the most part are nothing but reality shows for hunters where very little is to be believed. Sort of like politics, 99% smoke and mirrors and 1% real. :eusa-hand:
The hyperventilating is there for you to see that they are excited :eusa-liar:
Why cant they be like fishing shows and be 100% real :eusa-dance:
That's for sure! I go fishing and usually tire out quickly from pulling in a 6 pound bass with every cast. :eusa-dance:

Truthfully, I recently subscribed to Sling TV just to get more outdoor channels. 2 weeks and I'm ready to cancel my subscription. :lol:
wabi
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I like when they have to show every little sticker and label ....and the guys bow or gun looks like a sponsered race car all stickered up.......l love my 15 year old camo coveralls l wouldnt trade them for anything new and fancy.
Last edited by longbow joe on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:15 pm
I like when they have to show every little sticker and label ....and the guys bow or gun looks like a sponsered race car all stickered up.
Right! :eusa-deadhorse: :crazy:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

I got rid of our package on satellite because one show on the Sportsman channel did a hunt and then went to a brewery where they where making beer and had some infused pot in it. Nothing like watching a hunting show and seeing pictures of pot leaves on beer cans. I was done and haven’t missed seeing what was on those channels yet.