crossbow slick tricks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

crossbow slick tricks

Post by hunter with MS »

Is anyone using the crossbow slick tricks I got a few given to me in 125 grain am thinking of hunting with them for turkey and deer and bear with them ?As the broad heads I use now are not made anymore and I only have a few left .
W.Miguire

Re: crossbow slick tricks

Post by W.Miguire »

I use the slick trick for deer and had very good luck .they are very sharp out of the box. have also used them for turkey head shot very deadly . I use the griztrick 125 it is not made for crossbows but they have never broke or bent. I think they still make a crossbow head . check out their web site. and check them out.
W.M.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

I really like the Slick Trick heads! I use the 100 grain standards but I had to change my fletching to the "AZ Bolt" in order to stabilize factory 18" BEE's/Zombies w/92gr brass inserts with lighted nocks. Everything was fine, until I added the lighted nock... So I suggest going with the 125gr if you are shooting factory 18" arrows and you plan to add the lighted nocks.

A great thing about Slick Tick, is that the heads pair Perfectly with Slick Trick's "roving" point call the Rip Trick. The RT point is awesome for practice and small game. The broadhead will hit exacly the same place as the Roving head out to 100 yards.

I did a review a couple years back in a good wind, while shooting 100 yards. Here is the review if you'd like to see it.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63815&p=625312&hilit=rip+trick#p625312
Last edited by MTBighorn on Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

I had some of the SS slick tricks in 100 grain from my compound setup. They shoot really good from my crossbow. I use the Diablo shafts that my crossbow came with. Mine is the Bulldog 330.
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

MTBighorn wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:25 pm
I really like the Slick Trick heads! I use the 100 grain standards but I had to change my fletching to the "AZ Bolt" in order to stabilize factory 18" BEE's/Zombies w/92gr brass inserts with lighted nocks. Everything was fine, until I added the lighted nock... So I suggest going with the 125gr if you are shooting factory 18" arrows and you plan to add the lighted nocks.

A great thing about Slick Tick, is that the heads pair Perfectly with Slick Trick's "roving" point call the Rip Trick. The RT point is awesome for practice and small game. The broadhead will hit exacly the same place as the Roving head out to 100 yards.

I did a review a couple years back in a good wind, while shooting 100 yards. Here is the review if you'd like to see it.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63815
I enjoyed it as much now as I did then. :clap:
Hank
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

I'm using the viper slick tricks this year.😊😊
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Thanks for the input . Now my question is is it worth looking at and getting the crossbow heads or not ? I ordered slick tricks way back when they first came out and had a bad time getting them as they were slow to produce them .
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Like is said in my first post . I use the Grizz 2 it is 1 1/4 " wide and had NEVER had one brake or bend they have a lot to pick from and the do have a CB broadhead . if in doubt get the CB one and you will be happy. they come in 4 pack .and the blades are easy to resharpen. you will have no problem getting them.
W.M.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Thanks they are replacing Muzzy crosskill broadheads as they stopped making them years ago and I have a few left . The replacement blades are mx 3 I have a feeling that they will be removed once the stock is gone . I found a place that has the slick trick crossbow in 125 grain and am ordering 2 pks . Thanks for the input .
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I have been using the now discontinued 175 gr X bow slick trick for about ten years and it is a awesome head have taken many deer with them now the heaviest you can get it in is 150 gr the last time I checked .
The X bow trick has a rock solid steel tip chisel profile, 1 1 /8 cut and fly great and are very tough , The blades are replaceable after a kill and available.
I highly recommend them.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

If the 125 grain work out of my M 330. I will be getting some 150 grain for the exomax as it is my back up xbow at this time as it is set up for 150 grain Thanks again for the info .
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Great heads for sure.

Alot of good heads out there. You put any of them in the sweet spot and it's all over.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

What he said ^^^^^^^
ch312

Post by ch312 »

I ordered a pack of Slick Tricks when I bought my Exomax a long time ago and was impressed with their accuracy and consistency. Likely 10 different heads and a new crossbow later I am back to Slick Tricks. I wasted a bunch of money on trying to find something better when I should have stuck with the Slick Tricks that are 100% reliable and provide great accuracy out to 50 yards.

I used the standard model with the Exomax without issues, but went with the crossbow model for the Bulldog 400