Quick fletch

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mashstalker

Quick fletch

Post by Mashstalker »

So I have a few bolts with messed up vanes. I have Diablo with the flat knocks. I was thinking about quick fletch, and holy hell what ones? Blazer, quick spin, hell fire, hunter and then there's realtree. Any advise on these? I'm guessing realtree is extra for the name I'm not gonna pay for. Also do you line the vanes up with the broadhead blades? Thanks I'm a noob :crazy:
xcaliber

Re: Quick fletch

Post by xcaliber »

I have done 6 with the quick spins crossbow version but have not shot them yet. I also have 3" Hell Fire that I have not installed, but they look sweet, and seem very tough. They are heavier than the quick spins, 14 grains heavier at 48 grains each.

Image[url=https://postimg.cc/image/5b89wkhlx/]Image
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I did about a dozen a while back with the quick spin I found that the arrow shoots a bit flatter due to the spin. If you have never done them before follow the directions to the letter after the water is boiling put the arrow with the fletch in for if I remember for 10 seconds . Good thing about them is you can replace them in a short time the vanes are pretty tough .
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I did about a dozen a while back with the quick spin I found that the arrow shoots a bit flatter due to the spin. If you have never done them before follow the directions to the letter after the water is boiling put the arrow with the fletch in for if I remember for 10 seconds . Good thing about them is you can replace them in a short time the vanes are pretty tough .
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

sorry for the triple my computer decided to post it 3 x's have no Idea why i was no where near it when it did it . If whom ever is watching the store would remove 2 .
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have used it. Bolts shot tight groups and l found them to be quite durable. I was pessimistic at first but not now .l was using them one alluminum shafts but have tried it on carbons as well.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

The quick spins are great. I make custom 2216 and 2117 that all group fantastic.

Quick hint. When I align the fletching, I use a clip to hold the front of the fletching as I lower it in the water. I pull the clip after I am halfway down.

Keeps the fletching from making slight shifts up and down from the water pressure when they are initially immersed.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Mashstalker wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:20 pm
So I have a few bolts with messed up vanes. I have Diablo with the flat knocks. I was thinking about quick fletch, and holy hell what ones? Blazer, quick spin, hell fire, hunter and then there's realtree. Any advise on these? I'm guessing realtree is extra for the name I'm not gonna pay for. Also do you line the vanes up with the broadhead blades? Thanks I'm a noob :crazy:
fyi...........
i made a couple dozen arrows 2-3 years ago using the quick fletch wraps (i glued the vanes on so they had the colors they wanted) for a couple of friends, the arrows looked and shot great but we learned an issue that the shrink on stuff can cause and they can and have come off when shot through a deer. they came off a couple arrows and actually plugged the exit hole on one of the deer :shock: :evil: . its like the wrap becomes brittle over time and the glued on blazers just ripped the wrap and once that wrap tears they come off fairly easy. thanks to snow. both deer were found in short order but could and probably would have been a different outcome without the snow. im in the process of redoing the remainder of those arrows that have the wrap on and will glue vanes directly to the shaft for these and all future arrows. i cannot speak for the sticker type wraps because i dont have the patience nor the talent needed to apply that type :oops:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
Mashstalker

Post by Mashstalker »

Thanks guys, I figured you guys would know. Think I'll try me dem quick spins lol. :thumbup:
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

I used the Quick Fletch on 6 arrows(2219 aluminum). Measured exactly the distance from the nock where to slide the fletch to. Had no problems dipping them in boiling water. Looked like they were store bought. Shot them the next day and not a single arrow would hit the bullseye at 20 yards. In fact none of them hit close to each other. Thought some thing was wrong with my bow.Tried regular 2219 aluminum arrows and all hit the bullseye. Even ended up with a Robin Hood. Don't know what the deal was. Now I use those arrows just for discharging my bow after hunting. Still have 6 of the Quick Fletch vanes some where around the house.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Odd indeed. I have tried many versions of these for several years, and they became expensive when i took a few youngsters under the wing. That was when i decided to invest in cutting my own, and many jigs for fletching. I have become fairly versed in making arrows but the simplicity of these really impresses me as I pass on my tools and experience to the young bucks! I would not make these for anyone but myself going forward as I spend less time working on my gear than shooting it. 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!