Tripod feeder question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

Tripod feeder question

Post by bobcattrapper »

I have a tripod feeder and I watched a buck last year use his snoot and kept spinning the corn out. I thought the coons were doing that mostly. They can clean me out in no time doing that. I had some shark teeth for the legs that helped some with the coons . But that does not deter the deer from spinning the corn out. My bucket feeder I hang it high and don,t have that problem.Thanks! Bill
Deaf jeff

Re: Tripod feeder question

Post by Deaf jeff »

maybe a sturdy/strong wire cage of some sort to encircle the plate but with openings large enough to allow corn to still pass thru when its activated. im thinking a stiff fencing with 1 or 2" openings extend it a couple of inches below the plate, you cud even bend the bottom wires outward so the get a poke if they try to get at the plate :?:
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Deaf jeff wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:46 pm
maybe a sturdy/strong wire cage of some sort to encircle the plate but with openings large enough to allow corn to still pass thru when its activated. im thinking a stiff fencing with 1 or 2" openings extend it a couple of inches below the plate, you cud even bend the bottom wires outward so the get a poke if they try to get at the plate :?:
Several manufacturers make a guard like this, Or you could hook up a electrical varmit guard, Some are hard on battery's though
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Varmint cage is only way to go. If you think deer can work those things, you ought to see a cow! you can fill a feeder one weekend ( 300-350 lbs.) and next weekend be OUT!!!
I have been using Triple "C" feeders for over 20 years. They make one that fits their feeders so that you can still get to the feed unit to reset or swap battery or whatever, but cant get to spinner plate. Works super!
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

We just run a heavy piece of bailing wire across the two legs and back from the third one and the deer bang their head on it and they stay away from it