Pressure Canning

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Re: Pressure Canning

Post by IronNoggin »

paulaboutform wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:49 am
... I recently purchased a 21 quart All American Pressure Canner. What an amazing, quality piece of equipment! As is appropriate, I checked with our resident chef, Ironnoggin, and learned he uses the same model (as did his Momma). That was good enough for me and I hit the 'but now' button.
You collected The Right One Buddy!! :thumbup:

Over the many years I've had ours, it has seen a lot of varying products wander through.
Veggies of many types, salmon (obviously!), tuna, a combination of snapper & crab (turning the entire lot into crab within a couple weeks!), stews, chickens, and a hell of a lot more.

Have yet to can any venison, but this thread may well be the inspiration to do so.
I fondly recall Ma's canned deer, and suspect I can still beg that recipe out of her...

Can't help on the ground meat, never really heard of that beyond Ma's mincemeat.
Be interested in just how that turns out Buddy!

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

paulaboutform wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:49 am
Wow, I'd forgotten I even replied to this post. :crazy: I recently purchased a 21 quart All American Pressure Canner. What an amazing, quality piece of equipment! As is appropriate, I checked with our resident chef, Ironnoggin, and learned he uses the same model (as did his Momma). That was good enough for me and I hit the 'but now' button. So far I've pressure canned some salmon, chicken legs, chicken breast, turkey vegetable soup (from the Christmas turkey carcass), and have a thawed 25lbs turkey I'll be breaking down and canning today. I want to try doing a dry pack with some wild boar ground...maybe seasoning with taco seasoning mix then canning. ??? Thoughts from the pros please. :eusa-popcorn:

Paul
Paul, I’ve never done any ground, but in a post years ago a forum member( I think VixChix) said they made patties that would fit in jars, browned them, stacked them in the jars, and then canned them. If I remember right, said they came out REALLY tender kind of like meat loaf. Maybe they will post with specifics. Vixenmaster cans a bunch too.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Thanks fellas. Today I actually raw packed a 26lbs turkey I thawed in the fridge....and parted out of course. There's a pile of meat on those domestic buzzards. Anyway, I watched an interesting YouTube video of a lady that browned her ground and dry canned it. She did a follow up and it looked great. I'll keep y'all posted.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.