Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: Sighting in issues ...Matrix 310

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:39 pm
gerald strine wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:52 pm
Make sure your bolts are fully seated on the string if you push them in far enough to get past the adf but not seated on the string you git a partial dry fire and wonky bolt flight.
I think this is the most likely reason.
This is a valid point, and I agree that you should start here!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 4:04 pm
if the arrows not seated on the heavier powered bows its more than messed up arrow flight .like nock shoved up arrow ,cut serving maybe even split limb. did that one time :eusa-naughty: maybe your getting away with in on the 310i think you would now when it happens
. I agree too.seems hard to believe the poster would seat the arrow properly from 20-40 yds , then decide not to do it on his 50 yd shots :eusa-violin:
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

Maybe hes getting tired from shooting close range.goes out to 50 and gets slopy . Id say shoot at 20-30 yrds for a time then go long. That problem he has will be disapointing when hunting
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Quick and most simple solution :eusa-think: when in hunting situations.
NOTE TO SELF!
Do not take :eusa-naughty: any shots over 40 yds .
Good Luck working it out which if anything else should turn out to be a learning experience.

I find It helpful and use a note book during my shooting sessions
Keeping track of adjustments etc.. as I go along with notes of the results.
I also have a written shooting step by step checklist which I revert back to in situations like these.
And as I stated before it sometimes helps to have someone along with you to watch you shoot to note if you my have picked up or have reverted to a poor shooting form issue. . :eusa-naughty:

****Also are you sure the distance is indeed 50 yds to the target *** or for that matter 20yds / 30yds /40yds as well. ***

As the saying goes measure twice cut once is sound advice