Arrow Turn-Around

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rattlerun

Arrow Turn-Around

Post by rattlerun »

I have some older Gold Tip arrows that I have semi retired as the first 6 inches or so have been into a target many many times. Thought about taking insert and nock out, then refetching the other end. Is there a front and back to carbon arrows that I should be aware of and not attempt this?
janesy

Re: Arrow Turn-Around

Post by janesy »

Its probably OK, and I'm sure many more experience folks will chime in.
But I personally would rather have it explode when it hits the target, instead of when I pulled the trigger.

With that said, mandatory arrow inspections should really elude you to the problems before they arise.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

For me it is not a good idea . with that said and if where me I would invest in a new set of arrows. you can't take a chance of them shattering on you . it is not a pretty picture if this happens . a new set of arrows are a lot cheaper than a DR.s visit . it is on the back side of the arrow that takes most of the punishment . again for me it is not a good idea.JMO :thumbdown:
W.M.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I agree with WM. It's just not worth it to take chances. I would get another dozen shafts, and go from there. JMHO.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
CFD940

Post by CFD940 »

Don’t mean to muddy the water so to speak but I’ve been doing that for quite a while with my Diablo practice arrows. My though is as long as the nock end is in good shape anything bad that might happen will happen when the head meets the target. Hunting arrows are a different story. Those only get shot enough times to verify accuracy. I use Brass inserts to increase my FOC and 125 gr. Muzzy BHs. I like the Muzzy’s because I can use the practice heads and get the same zero when I switch to hunting heads. Just my .02.