Crossbow Fishing...?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: Crossbow Fishing...?

Post by paulaboutform »

wheelie wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:21 am
Look for a Vixen 150lb. Buy a crossbow handle and a bottle reel and you are off and running. Handle bolts right in quiver holes. Only time you may blow through a fish is very close shot with fish on very top of water. I had a rail machined down at my local welding shop and it cost me $40. if you find it is to much weight. Crossbows no longer legal in Canada for bowfishing so I stopped testing with a crossbow. My GT Flex was sold as a bowfishing package. It has 3 different weights and they were sold very cheap. Adjustable 180/ 125 and 90 pounds. I played around with cheap cheap crossbows and they are not consistent good shooting bows. Get old very quickly if the bow shoots erratically and becomes no fun. If any weapon does not shoot better than me, it just loses its fun very quickly. Good luck to you in your search. bowfishing is not a cheap sport so don't cheap out on the main piece of equipment you need. You can cheap out on other things as arrows out of driveway markers ect. Bowfishing is tons of fun as it is my favorite sport with a bow. CHEERS!
Wait wait wait....using a crossbow for bowfishing is illegal in all of Canada? ....enected federally? I know you can't crossbow hunt migratory game birds but when did the crossbow fishing thing happen. I haven't seen anything in our provincial regs in B.C....other than the complete ban of bowfishing in Region 2 which is ridiculous and no provincial fisheries staff can explain.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

My mistake. In Ontario. Happened two years ago. I requested the information from the meeting to remove crossbows from fishing regulations to be faxed to me and was told "their was no meeting and all I can tell you is we removed crossbows as it was in regulations as a mistake."
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Thanks Wheelie. There's absolutely no sense or logical reason for so many of our regs....other than this ultra liberal mentality that anything to do with hunting or shooting is evil. :eusa-deadhorse:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.