Assassin safety button/lever question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tangle Eye

Assassin safety button/lever question

Post by Tangle Eye »

The absolute only issue I have with my new Assassin is that sometimes the safety button/lever (not sure of the proper term) requires a lot more effort than you would think to disengage. This, of course, can make an audible “click” which is not something you want in the field. Sometimes the button/lever moves from safe to fire very quietly and with little effort (what ‘d consider normal); other times you have to really push it. For those not familiar, the Assassin safety engagement button/lever is very different than on other models.

Any other Assassin owners with a similar issue? And, any suggestions as to what to do about it - if anything.

This would fall under the heading of tweaking things to perfection I think.
———————————————————————————————————
Excalibur Assassin w/ Boo Force 10 string

If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.
Riverside archer

Re: Assassin safety button/lever question

Post by Riverside archer »

Haven't had an issue yet with it being hard to push forward. It seems to travel in a small arc when you move the lever forward. You're right about the audible click if you push it off with just your thumb. If you sort of pinch it between your thumb and forefinger you can move it almost silently. I'll be getting some more range time this weekend so I'll keep an eye out to see if mine starts to do the same thing.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....not yet having the pleasure of actually firing the "l'assassino"......I have seen where the safety could make some noise....but I really do not believe it will be an issue.....my query with this new fan-dangled crank etc....is there any issues with changing the string?

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

anthony,
i think i read on here a while back that it has to be sent back in for the string to be changed :?: but it it supposed to last for a long time. im sure someone who knows fore sure will chime in
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I have changed the bow string, not the crank rope though
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

mchurch wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 5:43 pm
I have changed the bow string, not the crank rope though
......that be what I was askin' thank you kindly!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

My first Assassin had to go back to Excalibur because the crank rope was showing significant wear and fraying after less than 30 shots (I forget the number of shots where I stopped). They found a burr on the crank spool that was cutting the rope but they just sent me a new bow (yeah - no one has service like Excalibur).

My understanding for now is the rope has to be changed out by Excalibur. But I expect some of the more mechanical minded here to figure out how to do it. I know there is some program with an associated cost whereby you send your Assassin in (annually???) for a tune up that includes a crank rope change. I forget the details about that. But - again - I expect others to figure out how to change it out for themselves and to pass that knowledge along.

flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Tangle Eye wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:15 am
My first Assassin had to go back to Excalibur because the crank rope was showing significant wear and fraying after less than 30 shots (I forget the number of shots where I stopped). They found a burr on the crank spool that was cutting the rope but they just sent me a new bow (yeah - no one has service like Excalibur).

My understanding for now is the rope has to be changed out by Excalibur. But I expect some of the more mechanical minded here to figure out how to do it. I know there is some program with an associated cost whereby you send your Assassin in (annually???) for a tune up that includes a crank rope change. I forget the details about that. But - again - I expect others to figure out how to change it out for themselves and to pass that knowledge along.
Do they give you a “ loaner bow” while yours in in the shop like the Ford house?😎
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm reading everything you guys post about this model, when all the kinks are figured out I might be ready to pull the trigger on one! Pun intended. :eusa-popcorn:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Tangle Eye

Post by Tangle Eye »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:03 am
Tangle Eye wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:15 am

Do they give you a “ loaner bow” while yours in in the shop like the Ford house?😎
:P No loaner but the turnaround time was really quick. :eusa-clap: