Vortex Razor reflex sight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Vortex Razor reflex sight

Post by Carnivorous »

Anyone using this Sight on your bow?

I need to aim with both eyes open now due to my 49 year old eyes..lol

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Normous

Re: Vortex Razor reflex sight

Post by Normous »

Best price I could find is $399 usd.
I like the weight and it would compliment the GR perfectly.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Normous wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:33 am
Best price I could find is $399 usd.
I like the weight and it would compliment the GR perfectly.
Yep spendy but worth it..

I would literally shed a pound off my Micro Black ops by using this optic... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

Here what me and Gaston are using for deer hunting, EOTech 512 with HHA, Very accurate up to 60 yards. Didn't test further until now. Use 2 battery AA. I can shoot with both eyes open, no need to have the eye perfectly center as a scope. Probably a little bit heavyer for your need, Total weight with HHA 17 oz.

Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
catclr

Post by catclr »

Just make sure the front lens does not give off a reflection as it will spook game. I had one some years back, and could not figure out why I was spooking turkeys, untill I had my wife hold the shotgun with sight, and I went out from 20 to 40 yds. away and nothing but a reflection off the sight. Got rid of it and have never looked back on the vortex red/green dot I put on instead.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

catclr wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:43 am
Just make sure the front lens does not give off a reflection as it will spook game. I had one some years back, and could not figure out why I was spooking turkeys, untill I had my wife hold the shotgun with sight, and I went out from 20 to 40 yds. away and nothing but a reflection off the sight. Got rid of it and have never looked back on the vortex red/green dot I put on instead.
......hmmmmm!.....very interesting! :eusa-think: ....would have never thought about reflection......I have been giving some thought about going to one of these sights as my eyes are 60 years old....don't know if I want to spend the money yet since I have Leopold's on my CB's and just got another from Gene and also purchased a Hawke SB for L'assassino....but "me thinks" it might be in the game plan for the future :eusa-think: especially since all my shots to date have been within 40 yards.

Anthony :eusa-think:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
catclr

Post by catclr »

Well my eyes are 70 years old and have no problem with the red/green dot vortex scope or my Hawk scope on my M355.
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
galamb

Post by galamb »

I have been using a reflex sight for going on 10 years now.

Not as (high priced) as the one you note, been using an NCSTAR DB4 and/or a Browning Buck-Mark reflex (probably the same mfg making both - they are identical).

I have never had them spook a deer due to reflection.

I prefer the variable reticle design so that I can use the (starburst) reticle - gives me three distinct aim points (15, 25 and 33 yards on my bow).

I shoot with both eyes open - my short and long vision is shot so this works for me and the best part of using a reflex sight is you don't have to have the butt stock snugged into your shoulder and your cheek down on the comb line. This really helps if Bambi comes out behind you or somewhere that you have to contort to get a shot.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS