Tactacam 4.0, anyone using one? Pros & cons?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerman41

Tactacam 4.0, anyone using one? Pros & cons?

Post by deerman41 »

Can get good deals on these cams now, since the new 5.0 will be out in August. 5.0 is better up grade, may wait till then.
Matrix 350 LE, Hawke XB 30 Pro SR,Trigger Tech, ADF,Danny Miller bumpers, Leupold Vendetta 2 rangefinder
Tactacam
18" Spynal Tapps,110 gr inserts, 100gr Sevr

Lumenoks
vixenmaster Force 10 string,
Charger EXT crank
Carnivorous

Re: Tactacam 4.0, anyone using one? Pros & cons?

Post by Carnivorous »

They are on my purchase list. Especially when my go pro battery died just before I pulled the trigger on my big Tom last month!! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Normous

Post by Normous »

After returning to their booth several times at the ATA show I would put my money on the newer 5.0 model.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
deerman41

Post by deerman41 »

:thumbup: Thanks Normous, I will take your advice since you got a good look at them!
Matrix 350 LE, Hawke XB 30 Pro SR,Trigger Tech, ADF,Danny Miller bumpers, Leupold Vendetta 2 rangefinder
Tactacam
18" Spynal Tapps,110 gr inserts, 100gr Sevr

Lumenoks
vixenmaster Force 10 string,
Charger EXT crank
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I think grassey the knolster has one over across the river in jersey has one. I also am interested in one for the next season.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

longbow joe wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:17 pm
I think grassey the knolster has one over across the river in jersey has one. I also am interested in one for the next season.
.....I think Paul who is "allboutform" had looked at this cam and for some reason I cannot remember :eusa-think: decided against it :eusa-naughty: :eusa-think:

.....I have the ATN Shot Trak HD and absolutely love the one switch for on and off....very simple to use...and boy is it accurate in the picture portrayal...sound works great....easy to access the battery and the micro card.....just what one is looking for in a cam, ease of use, no need to fumble around, etc....

.....you can buy with both the laser and without and it is military grade, used on firearms, it's small and it's cheap...I believe around 129.00 USD...

....just my take...I know some others use this also...

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I briefly had one of the older tactacams. The video quality was the best I've ever seen. 20 yards looked like 20 yards...unlike other cameras where 20 yards looked like 50 yards. I did return it within 30 days for two main reasons.
1. I didn't like the on/off/pause single button operations with the different types of vibration. I disliked it very much as you had to remember what each vibration meant and I had trouble seeing the light used as the operations control.
2. There was no way to see what you filmed until you connected to a computer. I'm sure this is different now but back then there was no option to check your frame or play back your video.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Oops, I forgot to add....I watched footage from Anthony's camera and was also quite impressed.

Paul
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

paulaboutform wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 am
I briefly had one of the older tactacams. The video quality was the best I've ever seen. 20 yards looked like 20 yards...unlike other cameras where 20 yards looked like 50 yards. I did return it within 30 days for two main reasons.
1. I didn't like the on/off/pause single button operations with the different types of vibration. I disliked it very much as you had to remember what each vibration meant and I had trouble seeing the light used as the operations control.
2. There was no way to see what you filmed until you connected to a computer. I'm sure this is different now but back then there was no option to check your frame or play back your video.

Paul
The new Tactacams are blue tooth enabled. You can watch it on your smart phone during and after your hunt.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:31 am
paulaboutform wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 am

Paul
The new Tactacams are blue tooth enabled. You can watch it on your smart phone during and after your hunt.. :)
Brilliant! As I expected.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I like the tactacam size and the under the scope low profile mount should work with my Set up... :)

The only thing holding me back is the price...lol
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I have the same one that Anthony has and it works great . it is a 5x setting and takes great video simple on and off .and it won't hurt the pocket book.
W.M.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

How are you mounting the ATN on your crossbows Anthony?
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Bcxbow wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:31 pm
....I have the DrStirrup setup on my 335. I drilled holes into the side of the "shroud" part of the stirrup (the part protecting the arrow)....I attached a 1 1/2 to 2" picatinny rail with 2 screws that basically were long enough to just mate with the inside wall of the shroud...the camera (which comes with an attachment similar to the base of the scope rings) attaches to it.....boy is this setup sweet! :thumbup:

....with the new Assassin I wish Gaston would design just a shroud portion to protect the allows so I can do the same on "L'assassino 8) " :eusa-think:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

amythntr wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 1:35 pm
Bcxbow wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:31 pm
....I have the DrStirrup setup on my 335. I drilled holes into the side of the "shroud" part of the stirrup (the part protecting the arrow)....I attached a 1 1/2 to 2" picatinny rail with 2 screws that basically were long enough to just mate with the inside wall of the shroud...the camera (which comes with an attachment similar to the base of the scope rings) attaches to it.....boy is this setup sweet! :thumbup:

....with the new Assassin I wish Gaston would design just a shroud portion to protect the allows so I can do the same on "L'assassino 8) " :eusa-think:

Thanks Anthony, good idea. I’ve been kickin around the idea of a camera but like to figure out the small details before dropping the large dough. You’ve put my grey matter in overdrive. :eusa-think:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads