using the new crank with no foot in the stirrup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

using the new crank with no foot in the stirrup

Post by hunter with MS »

I am wondering if you could use the new crank without having your foot in the stirrup ? Reason I am asking is I am having problems with my feet like keeping the one in the stirrup on the ground I know I saw a clip of the one on the Assassin being used without a foot being in the stirrup.
amythntr

Re: using the new crank with no foot in the stirrup

Post by amythntr »

.....HWMS....I'm going to take the plunge here....I do not believe anyone on this forum would recommend that you do any kind of cranking without your foot in the stirrup; :eusa-hand: for obvious reason :eusa-naughty: s.....possibly you could either design something that would keep the bow moving out away from your if the "GodForbid" factor kicked in....possibly crank with the stirrup wedged into the base of the wall (where the floor meets the wall).....or against a large rock that won't move....

.....again, we're asked to do something for safety reasons....anyone who doesn't follow the safety precautions enters "The Twilight Zone!" :crazy: :eusa-snooty:

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I don’t know why not? No different if your bow is in a deadsled and you recock it without even removing it from the rest? I have cocked my Ten Point bow that way with the AcuDraw cocking device that was attached to my crossbow.
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I thought I saw Dan Wallace do that with the assassin while turkey hunting in a blind sitting down . I believe the statement he made was I can cock the bow without having to stand . Granted the charger is a little different on that xbow.
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

yes you can i do with mine just keep the bow upright
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

It is either try and do this or have to buy another Xbow that I can do it with or not have to crank at all like the Parker Concorde which is cocked powered by CO2 and all you do when the hooks are near the string is push a button to cock and uncock it. but the concorde weighs 11 plus pounds I would rather use my Excals.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

If you are cocking a bow by hand, pulling the string back with your fingers, you darned well better have your foot in the stirrup. Otherwise, if the bow slips, it'll be coming back at you. Hard. Very hard.

If you are cocking with any kind of winch, if there is any kind of string failure, the limbs are going to flex forward, fast and hard. Any loose parts such as the hooks pulling the string, will fly. If the limbs contact anything before they come to rest, the bow itself will be thrust backwards. Whether you have your foot in the stirrup won't make the string failure any more or less likely. The main danger is from the limbs suddenly thrusting forwards. You can keep yourself out of the path of flying limbs without having to have your foot in the stirrup. For that matter you could have your foot in the stirrup and still have some obstruction in the route the limbs would have to travel, and therefore still be at risk.

When cocking, keep everything out of the path the limbs would have to move if there is a string failure. Having your foot in the stirrup doesn't matter. This is all premised on using some form of winch.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I have had strings Brake on an Exomax and all the limbs did was lay out flat there was no jumping yes if the limbs were to hit something then but I make sure nothing is in the way. How is one to cock the xbow if you are having trouble with yours legs or better yet don't have them and am using a crank ?
SEW

Post by SEW »

I leave my Matrix and BD400 xbows on the front and rear rests while I cock with the C-2 and Charger. Rear rest has to move forward. The Charger is easier, by far, except I have to take it off to shoot so I use the C-2 at the range. For normal, non-range usage, I think the Charger is a serious upgrade. It’ll go hunting with me.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I will be getting one for sure . I only wish that they would come out with just the mounting plates as I will be getting the GRZ2 soon and I will be using it on it as well as my Matrix . Yes the GRZ2 is only 200 lbs draw wt. and the cocking effort is only 100 LBS. and my M330 is 220 with 110 cocking effort .With my MS the way it is heading I have to sit to cock it. I use the crank now and with the Charger being right or left handed makes it a big help as I am stronger on the left then the right .Just hate the thought of having to use the concorde .
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

just tried it with an old crank aroo and it worked .
SEW

Post by SEW »

hunter with MS wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:38 pm
just tried it with an old crank aroo and it worked .
I think the Charger will be of great benefit to you.
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I think so to I will be retrofitting it on the matrix 330 and leaving picking up the GRZ2 alone until they bring the mounting plates out for sale by them selves .
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I got the charger in the mail this morning and went to work retrofitting it to My matrix 330 . I am totally impressed I took the xbow out for a little practice and to put a little time in the charger was able to cock it with NO foot in the stirrup . Cocked and fired it about 30 plus times sitting down no issues at all .