335 Micro adding the suppressor kit.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big Pard

335 Micro adding the suppressor kit.

Post by Big Pard »

Has anyone added the suppressor kit to their micros? If so, how did it effect the speed vs the sound?
Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
galamb

Re: 335 Micro adding the suppressor kit.

Post by galamb »

If you are talking about the sound deadening system (rubberized stirrup, string stars/silencers etc) we put one on a 315 micro for a customer.

The whole kit reduced the speed (shooting factory quills with the 150 grain field points) by 11 fps measured at 5' the (muzzle). Without the string stars the reduction was 8 fps.

I would assume the (drop) would be similar on a 335.

The 315 was still "loud" - it is a crossbow after all, but the hand shock and vibration was significantly reduced (although we have no way to measure that producing some "number").

If the bow was to be used for a lot of target shooting I would absolutely go with the (system). If it was almost exclusively a hunting bow I don't know that it provides any real advantage.

I'm not a fan of the system. Personally I would prefer (and would steer customers) towards air brakes and/or REDS. It would be nice if we could get the rubberized stirrup as a stand alone accessory, currently only available in the kit.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
W.Miguire

Re: 335 Micro adding the suppressor kit.

Post by W.Miguire »

If it were me I would install a DR. Stirrup kit they do a much better job and make the bow safer. JMO
W.M.