BUMMER.......out of action

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Old Kid

Post by Old Kid »

Hi Woody ,sorry to hear about your ankle. :( I think I know just how you feel...osteo-arthritic right knee sorta slows one down a bit.I was prescribed Viox til it was banned here in Can. :shock: ,now I'm using Advil 800g with success :o . The last few years I've been setting up my stands in spots that are accessible by my van ,so I don't have to haul them too far.It seems to have all pros and no cons...most of the deer go down within my sight and the farthest we've had to drag one was about 50 yards.I've also seen more mature bucks lately.Took 2 Earlier this season(110&120) :D and had 2 more under me last nite(120&@150)...had to let them walk :cry: :cry: ...I can only take does on my tags now.Hey ya wanna come up here? :wink: :wink: I do hope your ankle recovers nicely ,but do consider setting up a couple of easily accessible stands for future use. :idea:
If it's ain't fun ....don't do it !!!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

old Kid -"Took 2 Earlier this season(110&120) and had 2 more under me last nite(120&@150)...had to let them walk ...I can only take does on my tags now.Hey ya wanna come up here?"

Hey, I might take you up on that next year. I'm still trying to get my first deer of this year down here.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]

Post by Guest »

Hey Woody, you better get healed up. The rut is starting to heat up around here. Like you, I haven't fired a shot yet this year, and was set back with a twisted knee for several weeks.
Saw a good buck Saturday and a truck load of does running wild in corn stalks last evening. Just got up a little while ago to hunt and noticed that it is 2am instead of 4am. :shock: Oh well, I won't be late to my blind today.
maple

Post by maple »

Woody,

Get well soon. It may take a few days, but I hope to hear you've been making it to your stand just fine. It pays to walk a little slower sometimes.

Maple
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

Hope you get well soon Woody..take care..BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
(THE BLUE STAR)

Post by (THE BLUE STAR) »

HI the other Woddy. My Dr . told me to take 3, 200mil Ibuprofin , and then
2 more every 6 hrs as needed, works for me. You will be back hunting soon, use the rest. Frederick :D
Frederick.. The Blue Star
A.W

Post by A.W »

Hope you have a fast recovery Woody. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Woody, after my spinal sugery, I used aouple of linaments that helped. Of course you don't want to wear them hunting but they help with the soreness. Check with your pharmacy on a product called Biofreeze. Also go to a farm supply and see if you can find a product made by Absorbine. It's in a orange bottle. Please don't laugh but it made for muscle and ligament injuries to horses and is sake for humans. Hope this helps ( after everyone stops laughing at my suggestion.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

ray,

Man I had forgot about the Absorbine horse liniment. I used that once before many, many years ago on a sprained ankle.

I sprained it real bad (same ankle) a bunch of years ago. This was about a week before I was going elk hunting in Colorado.

My doc said stay off of it. I said No way Jose I'm going elk hunting. A guy I worked with used to have race horses and turned me on to it. It is an orange container and has the back end of a horse pictured on it.

I dabbed that on every few hours or so for the next week and even on the trip out there. The guys in the truck was fussing at me all the way from the smell..

It does stink...

Thanks for re-reminding me..

I'll run right down and get it.
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Glad you've had prior experience with it. That stuff is awsome for sprains and such. I steped in a pothole years ago and my grandmother put it on my ankle a couple of times before I went to bed, woke up the next morning feeling much better. Glad I could help but don't forget to support it :wink:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

You got it.

Absorbine horse liniment (not Absorbine Jr.) and an Ace bandage...and hunting here I come.

Look out bucks....

I'm back in the saddle again..............
Woody Williams