Doe Bleats

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kendo kid

Doe Bleats

Post by kendo kid »

Dropped the doe bleat and stepped on it all in one motion. Sometimes, bad luck and no talent combine to cause problems. I was wondering about the replacement and thought I might ask everyone what you used and how successful your fawn doe bleats had been. Any comments or reccommdations?
Kendo Kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
TAC

Post by TAC »

I tried a few bleats the other day when I could see a buck about 200 yds away. It looked up a couple of times, as did the 3 does with him, but otherwise they ignored me.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

this guy can tell ya and fix you up with a SUPER DUPER one :!: :wink:

[email protected]
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

yesterday I shot a big doe that dressed out 140 and her yearlings were with her. She went and layed down , I dropped my bleet on the ground so I bleeted with my mouth and called them back to the area as they were crossing into the big woods. They came close but not close enough for a shot as they left I bleeeted agan and they turned at about 50 yards a came under my tree as I was getting ready to drop one a big 145 class big came into the area and was heading to the big woods I grabed my antlers and did a lil feness rattling and he came right under my stand. The problem was I cound not get the shot because of the thick understory he came through and walked back the smae way. But it was reasureing to me that in both cases I had what it took to bring the deer in.
. Bleets work good and will work great in the next few weeks durring the rut. I use a grunt call with my bleet call together to bring in the bucks. It takes some practice to get the confadence and the right sequence and loadness to work well.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I make deer calls that are adjustable to produce bleats to grunts. Click on the www link at the bottom of my post for my website. There are links to the call instructions and some of the calls I have on hand there.
wabi
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

DaveHawk,
Great story. Thanks
Kendo Kid
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

GaryL,
Thank you for the tip. I will check him out. We all read the advertisments and of course eveyone thinks their call is the best. So what I am looking for is some actual experinece by members of this on-line hunting gang with specific brand name calls. Since the combined experience is far greater than an individual experience it makes sence to collect some input from you guy. So if any of you have had experiences like the one DaveHawk wrote about, please tell me and include the brand name of your call.

Thank you for your help in advance,
Kendo Kid
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

You be welcome, many of us on the forum have wabi's calls, deer and critter calls.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

GaryL
What experiences have you had with them? I'd love to hear the story. Wabi has my interest.
Kendo Kid
Digger

Post by Digger »

I have mine and its a beauty, and works real good.

Digger

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
kendo kid