years of manufacture for excal bows?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MickB

years of manufacture for excal bows?

Post by MickB »

I was just wondering if there is a historical list of all the bows Excalibur produced and when they came into production? I had my first bow an exomax in 1999 but wondered how old this model was then and what existed before it?
nchunter

Re: years of manufacture for excal bows?

Post by nchunter »

There should be others on this Forum more knowledgeable on this topic than I, but since no one else has replied, I think that before the Vixen/Exocet/Exomag line-up in the late-90's, there was just the Wolverine.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

nchunter wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:54 am
There should be others on this Forum more knowledgeable on this topic than I, but since no one else has replied, I think that before the Vixen/Exocet/Exomag line-up in the late-90's, there was just the Wolverine.
Before the Wolverine was the original Relayer. Comfy Bear or Vixenmaster either one can give a good chronological lineage as to models and variations. I was hoping that one might have answered. You might try a pm to either.
MickB

Post by MickB »

ok thanks for the info and suggestion. I started a thread a while back that I was surprised about excal dropping the matrix, and it might be folks are worried I was rehashing it .No ive shelved that rant for another year, its a pet rant of mine I usually keep it under control. :eusa-deadhorse: :mrgreen:
This is genuine interest in the companies model history. The first I heard of Excalibur here was the late 1990s'. I was possibly the first guy in my state with an exomax. A guy I corresponded with. Ted Mitchell who is a part time writer for our gun rags had recommended it as he had just shot some large bovines with one. I am not sure the earlier models were sold here. We had some being used, I recall a recurves with wooden stock used in the 80's, maybe the Barnett wildcat.( not sure of its production year either though)