Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:57 pm
flightattendant100 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:27 pm
Boo wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:43 am
Bring them to Boofest.
Don, the first Boofest that I went to, I got to watch you re- serve a string for Dan. You were a great teacher, I bet you could sell tickets to a demo.
There's an idea! I could do a demo if enough want to see it. Wyvern sent 2 set ups to be drawn. Let's do it!
Charge a fee to be donated to the charity, or a voluntary donation to the charity? Just a thought
P.S....I want Colton to learn how to do this....so I don't have to :sick:
Boo

Re: ? For the Micro suppressor owners

Post by Boo »

Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:37 pm
Boo wrote:

Don, the first Boofest that I went to, I got to watch you re- serve a string for Dan. You were a great teacher, I bet you could sell tickets to a demo.
There's an idea! I could do a demo if enough want to see it. Wyvern sent 2 set ups to be drawn. Let's do it!
Charge a fee to be donated to the charity, or a voluntary donation to the charity? Just a thought
P.S....I want Colton to learn how to do this....so I don't have to :sick:
Child labour! :eusa-naughty:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

Bcxbow wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:10 pm
Someone video it please.
You're going to have to get someone to commit to it. Any gracious volunteers? :eusa-popcorn:
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Bcxbow wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:10 pm
Someone video it please.
X2
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Carnivorous wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:36 pm
I have the Trigger tech on mine and have given the latches a good polishing. My servings are only lasting for about 50 shots. I know the claws are holding alot of pressure but this is getting annoying..lol

How is your servings holding up with the stock trigger claws? I have my factory trigger and am thinking about putting it back in after I Polish the latches.

Jeff
Got a Trigger Tech on the Micro 355, and really have not seen separation yet. I have about 200 shots on her so far. I'll definitely keep an eye on her now.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

Boo wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:59 pm
Are you guys getting separation or tearing/wear? If your latches are good, you should get a whole lot more than 50 shots with my servings.
Jeff, bring a string to Boofest that needs reserving.
Mine getting tearing on the right latches, I'll give it a second sanding session!

Marcel.
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Boo wrote:
Boo wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:43 am
Bring them to Boofest.
Awesome!!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Big Pard

Post by Big Pard »

I had to polish the latches on my 335. One would think that Excalibur would use a more polished latch from the start. One quick question about polishing. Wouldn't you want to polish the bottom of the latches as well? It is kinda hard to get to while in the xbow. I bet you could throw the latch in a rifle casing tumbler and it would come out shiny as a new penny. Any thoughts?

Micro 335
Dead Zone Scope
Vixenmaster String
Munch Mount
Zombie Slayers
100gr Slick Trick
Boo

Post by Boo »

The latches are tumbled in a metal media. Unfortunately, the finish has to be flawless because of the crazy draw weight. So considering the numbers sold vs the number of complaints, they are doing pretty good.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:09 pm
:eusa-popcorn:
This is 10 shots. Not a Boo string, a Brand new from another established member. It will shoot like this for a long time. But typically I'll be getting some serious separation around to the front with no other serving damage by 50 shots. I've just come to accept it as the way it is, and reserve soon after that to keep from any string damage that may occur. There is always a "wear" part in every system. And I suppose it's the serving in my case. The problem is that its greatly speed up when you rotate the string for whatever reason, and the latch is now on the separated loop under all the pressure.

Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I often thought that 2 wide claws would eliminate most serving wear. The very narrow surface area claws are rough on servings... :(
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

janesy wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:23 pm
Boo wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:09 pm
:eusa-popcorn:
This is 10 shots. Not a Boo string, a Brand new from another established member. It will shoot like this for a long time. But typically I'll be getting some serious separation around to the front with no other serving damage by 50 shots. I've just come to accept it as the way it is, and reserve soon after that to keep from any string damage that may occur. There is always a "wear" part in every system. And I suppose it's the serving in my case. The problem is that its greatly speed up when you rotate the string for whatever reason, and the latch is now on the separated loop under all the pressure.

From these pictures this doesn't look like serving separation but rather serving wear. I would polish the daylights out of those jaws even more and I'm sure that will be a big help.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
janesy

Post by janesy »

paulaboutform wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:45 am

From these pictures this doesn't look like serving separation but rather serving wear. I would polish the daylights out of those jaws even more and I'm sure that will be a big help.

Paul
Thats just wax build up from the brand new string in the last pic, they will wipe off. The reason for that pic is to show the brown string peeking through thw serving with the string at rest on the left side(in the pic), if thats not separation I dont know what its lol.
The pics show the string from the back side separating from the angle. When I rotate the string, those open up and essentially I'll get bare string at the latches after only a few dozen shots. It did this with a stock trigger, a Boo trigger and now a trigger tech.

The only thing I have not tried yet is an unwaxed serving. I dont mind reserving after 50 shots. Its a bit of a pain through the winter when I shoot a lot. But during hunting season, its no big deal. I only took two shots this past fall
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme