Budget arrow options

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MickB

Budget arrow options

Post by MickB »

gents any mediocre arrow shaft choices that reduce expenses and still worth a try? Asking as I am clearing quite a few hogs from local farms( no firearms allowed by the farmers) and if numbers climb into the dozens I am going to punished financially. Are aluminium shafts an option or same/price less performance than carbon? I am looking to try some chinese copy broadheads too. There are isolated reports of people finding ones similar to originals, possibly even pirated from the same factory over there, who knows.
Carnivorous

Re: Budget arrow options

Post by Carnivorous »

What bow are you using? I have some brand new quills and Diablos I'm not using. You can have them for the price of postage..
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
catclr

Post by catclr »

MickB wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:56 am
gents any mediocre arrow shaft choices that reduce expenses and still worth a try? Asking as I am clearing quite a few hogs from local farms( no firearms allowed by the farmers) and if numbers climb into the dozens I am going to punished financially. Are aluminium shafts an option or same/price less performance than carbon? I am looking to try some chinese copy broadheads too. There are isolated reports of people finding ones similar to originals, possibly even pirated from the same factory over there, who knows.
"I am looking to try some chinese copy broadheads too." You might want to watch this video on counterfeit broadheads before going that way-----https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoKD0wif_S4
Matrix 355----Scorpion
Hawke XB1
DrStirrup Products All
nchunterkw,Boo strings
Steelforce B.H.
Magnus B.H. Ser-Razor 125 gr.
SPYNAL TAPP
Nufletch Ignitors
NockOut Lighted Nocks
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

catclr wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:41 am
MickB wrote:
"I am looking to try some chinese copy broadheads too." You might want to watch this video on counterfeit broadheads before going that way-----https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoKD0wif_S4
.....MickB....whatever you do....DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT but the Chinese knock offs....first of all they are stealing patent protected products. Second of all they are stealing OEM images to peddle their wares....many OEM's do not have the wherewithal to fight these Chinese criminals....

....if honesty doesn't float your boat, I steak from experience (before talking to the OEM of one of the manufacturers)....I bought some Chinese knockoffs and they were just that; cheap flimsy imitations that were not even worth the price charged....

....SO I SAY TO YOU; "BUYER BEWARE" you are not buying what you think you are buying....I wouldn't use them if they gave them to me for free!

....you get what you pay for!

....best of luck in your quest!

Anthony :D

PS: Deaf jeff is selling some Excalibur OEM Diablo's for a fantastic price on the "trading post"....the only thing is shipment to Australia might just be prohibitive!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

amythntr wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:04 am
catclr wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:41 am
MickB wrote:
.....MickB....whatever you do....DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy the Chinese knock offs....first of all they are stealing patent protected products. Second of all they are stealing OEM images to peddle their wares....many OEM's do not have the wherewithal to fight these Chinese criminals....

....if honesty doesn't float your boat, I speak from experience (before talking to the OEM of Toxic broadheads)....I bought some Chinese knockoffs and they were just that; cheap flimsy imitations that were not even worth the price charged....

....SO I SAY TO YOU; "BUYER BEWARE" you are not buying what you think you are buying....I wouldn't use them if they gave them to me for free!

....you get what you pay for!

....best of luck in your quest!

PS: Deaf jeff is selling some Excalibur OEM Diablo's for a fantastic price on the "trading post"....the only thing is shipment to Australia might just be prohibitive!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
PSEWOOD

Post by PSEWOOD »

You will not get a straighter more precise shaft than aluminum at any price.I only hunt with my crossbow not a lot of target shooting.I am more likely to loose an arrow than bend one.If you shoot a lot the carbon would cost less in the long run.
MickB

Post by MickB »

Thanks for the suggestions and offer of quills. I'll PM folks. Unfortunately I think shipping might be a killer for small qty's. From what I am gathering on the subject its best to stay with quality products, but look for bargains and discounts. I have to admit I try my best to support small industries but its costly to have principals. We get slugged by our dollar, shipping, then our distributors, who have the advantage of a captive market.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I have used easton 2219 magnums (alluminum ) with great sucess very cheap on amazon. Also dicks usually sells spitfires 4 for like 29 bucks in the fall a bargain for sure . Walmart has some cheap good broadheads in the fall. Stay away from the Chinese junk. The game you hunt deserves better.when you have the best crossbow made you have to match it with equal quality accessories. Just my own two cents....no pun intended.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
MickB

Post by MickB »

thanks longbow joe. would 20" 2219's with a 125 grain muzzy broadhead of some type have a decent chance of working out in a matrix 380? Any idea what the overall weight would be and the FOC? I'd like to stay at least 400 grains or so. These seem to be about a very affordable combo
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

All the Excalibur factory arrows are GREAT arrows as long as you hunt at traditional crossbow ranges. Until you start stretching the distance you won’t be able to tell any difference to them and premium arrows in the field. They can be bought at bargain prices on the Trading Post. I shoot cheaper arrows at pigs myself, seems most get some damage one way or another.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

If your Magnus broadhead is broken or bent in any way they will stand behind them no matter what. just send them a snap shot and they will replace them for FREE no questions asked. and they work great on big game . so all you need is 6 of these and they will last you a life time. :thumbup: :thumbup:
W.M.