Vixen II

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

seabee401

Vixen II

Post by seabee401 »

What are some opinions on this model for Deer, Turkey and Black Bear? Also all around target shooting. Also, does it have dissipator bars and pads?
Thanks
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
Boo

Re: Vixen II

Post by Boo »

Not sure what you mean by your question "What are some opinions on this model for Deer, Turkey and Black Bear?" If you mean is the bow suitable for those animals, yes! You'll get a pass through on all of them.
As far as DB bars and pads, they didn't come with them because they aren't needed. In fact any of the older bows I bought and shot much they were removed in a hurry. For me, the small benefit did not out weight the extra nose heavy weight. All of them felt better without.
As far as target shooting, they are excellent because the speeds are gentle enough not to magnify the inconsistencies
Some people just like stepping on rakes
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Took the DB Bars off my equinox also , much better without them. :thumbup:
totally unessasary. (think I misspelled that) :oops: :roll:

Dave :lol:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I like the string stops they work but also a good guage of brace height. As the others said the disapater bars are very useless. The vixen ll is the funnest excalibur bow for sub 40 yard target shooting easy to cock and very accurate l can target shoot it for hours without getting tired.ln fact im so familiar with it its become one of my favorite hunting bows also.l have shot so many possums and skunks in the yard with it it just feels right to deer and turkey hunt with it. I have shot 3 bucks and 7 doe and 3 turkey with mine all the deer were pass thru With an expandable 3 blade. Great little crossbow other than being a little wide but that dont bother me "nun"
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I miss my Black Vixen!! :(
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Carnivorous wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:27 pm
I'll let you touch mine! :wave:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Boo wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:55 pm
Carnivorous wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:27 pm
I'll let you touch mine! :wave:
LOL!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.