gun safe size conundrum

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MickB

gun safe size conundrum

Post by MickB »

I'd like store my crossbow in a new gun safe I am looking to buy. I had to ditch a much larger heavier safe I had for financial reasons. Now I either got the option of buying a new 34"+ wide safe for the width of the bow( which is much larger than I need rifle wise, more expensive and heavy) or a narrower gun safe and store the crossbow broken down( riser off). This is more convenient financially and spacewise but being I will probably be using it weekly for the nrext few months at least, I am worried I will end up hating having to pull it on and off each time. Also is it bad for the bow?
Carnivorous

Re: gun safe size conundrum

Post by Carnivorous »

No issues removing and reinstalling the riser bolt. They were designed to do this when needed..
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
deadeer

Post by deadeer »

You can never have too much room. I bought a 64 gun safe thinking it was too big. Ha! Already wishing I would have bought the 84 gun one. Scopes take up a lot of room on guns, as well as loose items like binocs and pistols, etc.
janesy

Post by janesy »

I'm seriously considering an addition to the back of my house to incorporate a bigger master bedroom....

And a concrete gun room for all my toys underneath. No such this as too small of a safe
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme