SK-200 Glow in the dark vanes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vertacre

SK-200 Glow in the dark vanes

Post by vertacre »

Has anyone tried these?
And if so, how much do they glow?
Easier to find an arrow in the late afternoon deep woods, or make your tree stand glow before dark?

Any comments appreciated.
gerald strine

Re: SK-200 Glow in the dark vanes

Post by gerald strine »

I have not seen these or tried them but if you fletch your arrows with florescent colored veins or white and after dark hit them with a Black light flash light, the veins glow like a firefly.
My bolts are fletched with orange and white blazers and a green plastic flat nock and all the components glow very well with a black light flash light.
A black light flash light is easy to come buy on the internet.
This was a topic on the forum I learned many years ago.
It seams to me that glow in the dark veins would just alert game to your position.
Last edited by gerald strine on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I use Lumenoks to find my arrow. They never let me down!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Carnivorous wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:01 pm
I use Lumenoks to find my arrow. They never let me down!!
X2
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I have tried lumi nocks with mixed results I now shoot 2219 aluminum shafts and the lumi nocks of that size are way over sized you have to do a lot of resizing to get them to work if you think you can buy them and just push them in and have them work it is not going to happen on 2219 shafts .
I bought a few tried to size them and they were still to tight and when you struggled to turn them off and the nock went dark but their was still enough contact to drain the batteries the next time i shot all were dead. 10 dollars a bolt down the drain.
It is my falt I guess but I feel that the product should fit what it is claimed to fit on the package with out you having to modify it. I tryed to pull the lumi nocks out and replace the batteries but I could not get them out buy hand so tried to put a dish cloth around the nock and used pliers but it scared the nock so bad I will not use them so the money I spent on batteries was a waist also .
Just my experience with them very disappointing.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Stab 'em

Post by Stab 'em »

I don't use bright colored vanes; too many videos of deer ducking arrows with ears and eyes focused on the arrow's path to them. In a lot of video you can see the deer focus hearing and or actually watching the arrow come at them and trying to get out of its way. All they know is it is not a natural buzzing sound or (florescent) object in their sight and it is coming right at them. It's a predator/prey thing and instinct kicks in fast.

That being said, a small strip of that 3M hi-visibility reflective tape woundn't be too noticeable, used like an arrow wrap behind the vanes. It glows like a beacon when hit with light.
vertacre

Post by vertacre »

Thank you to Gerald for great advice. Flo wraps and vanes glow like crazy when hit by a decent black light from 30-40 yards away.
@ 40 yards.