What's next??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

papabear1

Re: What's next??

Post by papabear1 »

gerald strine wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:27 pm
I am thinking more models with the built in crank and inflated pricing.
My first Excalibur was a Equinox the flagship bow of the time bought new with the right stuff package 10 yrs ago on line paid $749 on e bay.
Today to get their flagship bow you would need another $900 on top of the $749 :shock:
The new bows are nice but the new prices are not, I am a huge Excalibur fan but enough is enough on inflated prices nothing but used bows for me.
I bought my Equinox in 2009 and still use it today, bought the right stuff package , two dozen firebolts and bag target for $929.00 from cabelas :thumbup:
and still use it today . it has been trouble free :clap: and I will continue to use it till I can't go anymore. If it ain't broke don't fix it... :eusa-clap: :eusa-popcorn:
Dave :thumbup:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
grouse

Post by grouse »

I'll let everyone else worry about the new models and I'll continue to hunt with my 350SE. I'm sure that I would be impressed with the Assassin's new trigger, but I can already hit the bullseye every time (within normal hunting ranges) with my current bow and trigger, so what would an expensive upgrade buy me? More power seems unnecessary also. Last year I put one arrow through a deer's chest cavity and neck --- with one shot (she must have turned her head to graze just as I shot). I'm much more of a hunter than a target shooter, I haven't shot either of my bows since last October (when I killed a deer). I'll shoot a couple of dozen times next month to tune up and I'll go hunting on Sept.15. I guess I'm just different, but we all are, and I still enjoy reading everyone's comments.
axiom
350 SE
SEW

Post by SEW »

For my desires, nothing equals my BD400, Optimizer/good scope, Dr S, TT or Boo modified and great arrows for beanfield or long shooting lane hunting. Or, My M405/TR530IL, TT for more all around usage. 403g arrows reaching way out there. These xbows are lighter and faster than the newer offerings.
Normous

Post by Normous »

At the ATA show in Indy this past winter I remarked to Rob D. that the Assasin trigger is hands down the BEST Excalibur trigger I have touched off. He was kind enough to give Jeff and I some history on this trigger and the R&D length of time.

He smiled with a slight twinkle in his eye after I suggested to him that I would easily pay an upgrade to have this crisp , creep free trigger trickle down the product line.

That is my wish.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Normous wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:08 pm
At the ATA show in Indy this past winter I remarked to Rob D. that the Assasin trigger is hands down the BEST Excalibur trigger I have touched off. He was kind enough to give Jeff and I some history on this trigger and the R&D length of time.

He smiled with a slight twinkle in his eye after I suggested to him that I would easily pay an upgrade to have this crisp , creep free trigger trickle down the product line.

That is my wish.
Once again my brother, I'm right there with you. :thumbup:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Normous wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:08 pm

That is my wish.
Id be all over that. I do enjoy my trigger tech, but there is certainly room for improvement.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

grouse wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:32 am
I'll let everyone else worry about the new models and I'll continue to hunt with my 350SE. I'm sure that I would be impressed with the Assassin's new trigger, but I can already hit the bullseye every time (within normal hunting ranges) with my current bow and trigger, so what would an expensive upgrade buy me? More power seems unnecessary also. Last year I put one arrow through a deer's chest cavity and neck --- with one shot (she must have turned her head to graze just as I shot). I'm much more of a hunter than a target shooter, I haven't shot either of my bows since last October (when I killed a deer). I'll shoot a couple of dozen times next month to tune up and I'll go hunting on Sept.15. I guess I'm just different, but we all are, and I still enjoy reading everyone's comments.
Well put grouse, :thumbup:
Maybe it,s a Missouri thing :eusa-dance: :lol:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

I have several Excals and usually reach for one of my two oldest models...my 2006 Vortex or 2004 Maxpoint(compound).
I think It would be awesome for Excal to do a limited edition Exocet 200 signed by Bill T. or something that makes us recurve guys drool...
They definitely need to offer a "traditional" stocked model again and market it that you can keep thumb on safety until ready to fire without moving your hand.
Maybe do like the rifles are doing where you add/subtract spacers for LOP adjustments to a perfect fit for your needs...
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

Not a fan of trigger linkage but if the new trigger is good that would change things. Shave weight is a big wish. Better scope mount that doesnt loosen up.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Personally, I'd like to see a compound crossbow put out by Excalibur. If Excalibur were to take over Bowtech's crossbow line, I think it would be a smashing success! I have a 360 Katana and it's been no trouble, fast, low in noise and super easy to cock. With Excalibur's customer service, what more could you ask for?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Boo wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:29 pm
Personally, I'd like to see a compound crossbow put out by Excalibur. With Excalibur's customer service, what more could you ask for?
being able to easily service it at home or the field without a press is at the top of my list
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

foofoo wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:18 pm
Not a fan of trigger linkage but if the new trigger is good that would change things. Shave weight is a big wish. Better scope mount that doesnt loosen up.
I didn't think I would like the trigger linkage either. Once I started using it all those negative perceptions we're gone. I am completely onboard with the bullpup design now... :thumbup:
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Not like a linkage? Is there any reason for not liking one? Before you guys go into a "the sky is falling" routine, consider that you've not seen how the trigger works. It's not really a linkage like they have in the Strykezone which by the way is an excellent trigger, same goes for the Katana, same goes for a multitude of handguns.
On the Assassin, the trigger pushes on a rod. On the end of that rod there is a roller. That roller is pushed back on a trigger part which is what actuates the trigger unit. So the trigger lever and the trigger unit are not fixed together and it is not operating under high poundage.
I guess it's human nature to be afraid of the unknown.

Post by newbie »

Boo wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:05 am
Not like a linkage? Is there any reason for not liking one? Before you guys go into a "the sky is falling" routine, consider that you've not seen how the trigger works. It's not really a linkage like they have in the Strykezone which by the way is an excellent trigger, same goes for the Katana, same goes for a multitude of handguns.
On the Assassin, the trigger pushes on a rod. On the end of that rod there is a roller. That roller is pushed back on a trigger part which is what actuates the trigger unit. So the trigger lever and the trigger unit are not fixed together and it is not operating under high poundage.
This trigger is fantastic and unbeatable. If they made them available as a drop in upgrade.... or available in more bows....
thats my wish. It blows every TT out of the water i have used.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Boo

Post by Boo »

newbie wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:20 pm
Boo wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:05 am
This trigger is fantastic and unbeatable. If they made them available as a drop in upgrade.... or available in more bows....
thats my wish. It blows every TT out of the water i have used.
Agreed, it's better than a TT and rivals some custom rifle triggers! But! It has a linkage! :wtf: