What's next??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Re: What's next??

Post by Carnivorous »

Scorpyd uses a Linkage too and yep also awesome triggers. I see a common link!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Linkages allow for variations of leverage as illustrated in the Scorpyd Deathstalker. That bow allows for 2 trigger pulls, one target and one hunting. Jim Kempf always put out bows with great triggers but in the Deathstalker's case, it's one big step up!
Some people just like stepping on rakes

Post by newbie »

Boo wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:00 pm
newbie wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:20 pm
Boo wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:05 am
Not like a linkage? Is there any reason for not liking one? Before you guys go into a "the sky is falling" routine, consider that you've not seen how the trigger works. It's not really a linkage like they have in the Strykezone which by the way is an excellent trigger, same goes for the Katana, same goes for a multitude of handguns.
On the Assassin, the trigger pushes on a rod. On the end of that rod there is a roller. That roller is pushed back on a trigger part which is what actuates the trigger unit. So the trigger lever and the trigger unit are not fixed together and it is not operating under high poundage.
I guess it's human nature to be afraid of the unknown.
This trigger is fantastic and unbeatable. If they made them available as a drop in upgrade.... or available in more bows....
thats my wish. It blows every TT out of the water i have used.
Agreed, it's better than a TT and rivals some custom rifle triggers! But! It has a linkage! :wtf:
Say it isnt so!
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Boo

Post by Boo »

newbie wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:27 am
Boo wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:00 pm
newbie wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:20 pm

This trigger is fantastic and unbeatable. If they made them available as a drop in upgrade.... or available in more bows....
thats my wish. It blows every TT out of the water i have used.
Agreed, it's better than a TT and rivals some custom rifle triggers! But! It has a linkage! :wtf:
Say it isnt so!
Sorry Mike, the sky is falling after all. :wave:
roly

Post by roly »

Don, I think your right when you say it’s the fear of the unknown. I believe you when you say the trigger is fantastic, why would I not.
I have this vision of taking the bow apart and have springs and rods and linkage and roller balls going flying.

Maybe I need to see one and how it works to get over this phobia.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Deaf jeff wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:35 pm
Boo wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:29 pm
Personally, I'd like to see a compound crossbow put out by Excalibur. With Excalibur's customer service, what more could you ask for?
being able to easily service it at home or the field without a press is at the top of my list
:thumbup: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
Boo

Post by Boo »

papabear1 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:27 pm
Deaf jeff wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:35 pm
Boo wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:29 pm
Personally, I'd like to see a compound crossbow put out by Excalibur. With Excalibur's customer service, what more could you ask for?
being able to easily service it at home or the field without a press is at the top of my list
:thumbup: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:
No question. A compound bow like Excalibur's Paradox/Buckmaster would not be everyone's perfect bows. One things for sure, those Excalibur compound are still ticking and quite the loved bows by their owners!
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

Carnivorous wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 pm
foofoo wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:18 pm
Not a fan of trigger linkage but if the new trigger is good that would change things. Shave weight is a big wish. Better scope mount that doesnt loosen up.
I didn't think I would like the trigger linkage either. Once I started using it all those negative perceptions we're gone. I am completely onboard with the bullpup design now... :thumbup:
when you go bullpup in design you need the linkage.i have shot quite a few linkage crossbows and prefer simple. had a Suppressor and trigger was good but i prefer direct drive like in my gen 1 335. :P the Trigger techs break nice but i hate that transferred vibration to the the finger.uyou really feel it with something like a 405 model. if the new Excalibur triggers break clean without that numb stingy after bite of a Trigger Tech id be happy. Excalibur has shortened the models but they need to shave some weight. My gen 1 is short enough. dont need a bullpup with linkage.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

foofoo wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:43 am
Carnivorous wrote:
foofoo wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:18 pm
Not a fan of trigger linkage but if the new trigger is good that would change things. Shave weight is a big wish. Better scope mount that doesnt loosen up.
I didn't think I would like the trigger linkage either. Once I started using it all those negative perceptions we're gone. I am completely onboard with the bullpup design now... :thumbup:
when you go bullpup in design you need the linkage.i have shot quite a few linkage crossbows and prefer simple. had a Suppressor and trigger was good but i prefer direct drive like in my gen 1 335. :P the Trigger techs break nice but i hate that transferred vibration to the the finger.uyou really feel it with something like a 405 model. if the new Excalibur triggers break clean without that numb stingy after bite of a Trigger Tech id be happy. Excalibur has shortened the models but they need to shave some weight. My gen 1 is short enough. dont need a bullpup with linkage.
The thing I like most about my bullpup stock bow and TT is it has zero vibration on the trigger lever when you shoot. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Carnivorous wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:07 pm
foofoo wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:43 am
Carnivorous wrote:

The thing I like most about my bullpup stock bow and TT is it has zero vibration on the trigger lever when you shoot. :)

Yep, absolutely. The springs in the linkage probably help out a bit with vibrations.
My linkage/TT probably has about 1/32 of free movement. Once thats taken up its clean break, with no movement after that.
Combined with the BP stock, its a much nicer shot experience.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Other than the people in Triggertech, I doubt that anyone else has shot more TT units than me, but I don't every remember a stinging sensation in my finger. Maybe a tap or a push back. But who knows, turning wrenches, smacking and burning my hands for the past 40 years may have created enough nerve damage to make my fingers not as sensitive as some others.
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

my bd 400 with gen 1 micro riser & 59 limbs shoots 350gr around 407fps.tt installed
and theres no stinging finger. there is some play in the linkage which to me makes it
like the 2 stage tt. I like it but I run a chain saw daily :eusa-think: