Boofest of the future

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Boofest of the future

Post by Boo »

For those who think they'll come "some day" or haven't but want to attend Boofest, don't think this is going to go on forever. Between a charity and Boofest it's self, there is a fair amount of expenditure and work. So pretty much shortly after I retire from my business and no longer have a pay cheque going into my bank, Boofest will no longer exist. It may happen in 2019, 2020, who knows? So just like good relationships, enjoy it while you can because you just don't know when it's gone. So like they say in the cowboy movies....giddy up! :thumbup:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
paulaboutform

Re: Boofest of the future

Post by paulaboutform »

:cry: like I didn't feel bad enough about missing out this year. :eusa-violin:
For the record Don, don't be surprised :eusa-naughty: if Anthony and I continue showing up in the 3rd week of July well after the Boofest farewell. We'll just set up a range in your back forty....I'll make some great bbq on your Weber Smokey Mountain and we'll hang out with you, Karin and the girls. :eusa-dance:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Boo

Post by Boo »

paulaboutform wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:45 pm
For the record Don, don't be surprised :eusa-naughty: if Anthony and I continue showing up in the 3rd week of July well after the Boofest farewell. We'll just set up a range in your back forty....I'll make some great bbq on your Weber Smokey Mountain and we'll hang out with you, Karin and the girls. :eusa-dance:

Paul
:lol: :lol: :lol:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:

Paul
....don't be surprised Don....HE'S SERIOUS!.....and believe me you do not wan't to mess around with a Sicilian! .....so you might as well get started on the West Wing of your house while you can.....as they say in the movies, "start digging!"

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....all kidding aside....as someone has already said...."nobody knows the extent that Don and Karin put out" to make things happen for this event....both monetarily and time wise....it is a big undertaking that NO ONE knows but them....I hope to be coming to Boofest until the last one whenever that happens....

.....and since you now gave us notice of said end to a wonderful event.....you at least have to give Paul a chance to come at least two more times! :eusa-think: :clap: :thumbup: :wtf: :wave: :eusa-popcorn: :eusa-whistle: :eusa-violin:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....you see Don...I am so upset I posted a dup!

:cry: :cry:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

Don't worry guys, I don't see it happening for a few years. I promise, I will announce the last one well in advance.
The main reason for this thread is that there are guys out there that keep putting it off. They shouldn't because this won't be here forever. I think we have the best hunting forum in the internet, mostly because we have so many really nice members. So don't miss an opportunity to meet some really great members while you can.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Last year was my first and God willing I'll be there every year that has a BOO fest!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Every year is a treat to meet new and old faces .
But all good things will come to an end .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Doe Master wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:42 pm
Every year is a treat to meet new and old faces .
But all good things will come to an end .
....I think Don said "he thinks he can be bought at a price" :shh: to be a consultant to for any future Boofests of the future once Don hangs up his Boofest leader Badge! I have offered (at a fair commission to be his manager) once all of the offers come in! :lol: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I'd have to agree with Paul. Celia and I will just show up the 3rd week in July for a visit. I'll keep ringing the door bell until you answer or until that Belgian Malinois breaks down the door and chews my arm off.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

UPSMAN wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:32 pm
I'd have to agree with Paul. Celia and I will just show up the 3rd week in July for a visit. I'll keep ringing the door bell until you answer or until that Belgian Malinois breaks down the door and chews my arm off.
....I am told that the only thing that Belgian Malinois fear is a "red robe!" :think: :lol:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

paulaboutform wrote:

Paul
X1000
We will bring frenchie too!
This weekend does NOT look good for me either. :thumbdown: :cry: :evil:
But it may happen if i quit work and get a divorce..... hmmm choices choices.....
I may need to build a more permanent camp out back Don.... you wont even know im there... promise
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

newbie wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm
paulaboutform wrote:

Paul
X1000
We will bring frenchie too!
This weekend does NOT look good for me either. :thumbdown: :cry: :evil:
But it may happen if i quit work and get a divorce..... hmmm choices choices.....
I may need to build a more permanent camp out back Don.... you wont even know im there... promise
3D won't be the same! Now I have to find another worthy competitor!! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.