carry case for matrix 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MickB

carry case for matrix 380

Post by MickB »

folks I'm looking to get a hard/plastic moulded type case to store it and carry it to the range. The tombstone cases are a bit large for my safe so looking for something that stores it broken down( riser off). Have been browsing standard rifle cases and also the compound vertical bow cases by plano. Its hard to figure out whether the bow will fit and/or move around too much inside them. Anyone know an option that suits matrixes?
GrassyKnoll

Re: carry case for matrix 380

Post by GrassyKnoll »

I know this is not a hard plastic or molded case but I use this case from Cabelas and it offers great portability and offers very decent protection, plus the side pouch will fit the quiver with arrows.. and not that expensive

Cabela’s Deluxe Eight-Rod Ice-Rod Bag

This is not my pic, but this is the case with a Matrix in it....

Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
MickB

Post by MickB »

thanks grassyknoll, I would have liked that bag. I got Pm'ed by one of the members here last year when I asked about matrix carry bags and he suggested the '6 rod bag' to me :mrgreen: Unfortunately its too small, wasn't worth sending back, international shipping etc,

Unfortunately cabelas are sold out of the 8 rod bags. I had been wondering if these might be the same chinese made products though?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vexan-ICE-Fishing-Rod-Tackle-Bag-36-5-Semi-Soft-Case/123082769642?hash=item1ca84e04ea%3Ag%3A4IsAAOSwEm1a1U8z&_sacat=0&_nkw=cabelas+8+rod+ice+fishing+bag&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beam-Ice-Rod-Deluxe-8-Rod-Bag/263777649793?epid=1743716501&hash=item3d6a5f8481%3Ag%3A-vAAAOSwiLdV9LBa&_sacat=0&_nkw=8+ice+rod+fishing+bag&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

I just noticed on the Excalibur page there is a very similar bag made by Excalibur that's guaranteed to fit... This looks like a sturdy case..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNzk0lt2cLY

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/accessories/travel/explore-takedown-case/
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
roly

Post by roly »

I have used a Plano bow case for many years, works great.
Put it back together and no change in poi.
MickB

Post by MickB »

Thanks all, well just found the last cabelas store still listing the 8 rod bag, possibility of 'limited stock' at Cabelas Ottawa. I assume this is an actual cabelas store not online. I'll give them a call once its morning over that way.
janesy

Post by janesy »

Those Rod bags were originally marketed by a brand called "HT Enterprizes". Then somehow cabelas got their name on there and you dont see the HT bags anymore. But you could also look for those if cabelas doesnt have it.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
MickB

Post by MickB »

Thanks Janesey. I just ordered one of the Vexan 8 rod bags off ebay incidentally. They also look like the cabelas bag apart from the logo and color scheme. Grassyknoll verified they looked similar to his cabelas bag, however as to fabric and quality will have to wait and see. I also took a look at the Excalibur takedown bag but its a little out of the price range, I'll save up for it if the vexan does not work out.