Removing Inserts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

W.Miguire

Removing Inserts

Post by W.Miguire »

Removing inserts from carbon arrows is always a pain, some come out easy and sometime you ruin the tip of the arrow . I have seen where some folks heat up a field tip to remove the inserts and that works but some time the arrow get ruined . I have found a way that works for me and been doing it for some time now . I bought a 30 watt soldering iron from Wallmart and it came with two tips . I took a 8/32 dye and ran some threads on the tip of the little soldering tip. [it was just the wright size ] plug in the iron until the tip gets hot . do not let the iron get hot while it is screwed into the insert. now heres the trick on not riunen the arrow tip . take a paper towel and wet it and ring it out good and then wrap it around the arrow shaft and tie it on with a bag tie so it is tight and now screw the insert and arrow on the HOT iron and after a short while pull till it comes apart . I hope this helps some of you it works for me and the investment was less than 10.00 bucks . it has save me a few dollars. :idea: :thumbup:
W.M.
Bcxbow

Re: Removing Inserts

Post by Bcxbow »

Good tip W.M. This is the same method I use and it works great. :thumbup:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
tremps01

Re: Removing Inserts