What Excalibur to get

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Brad Richardson

What Excalibur to get

Post by Brad Richardson »

I am totally new to crossbows.Wanted to know what one to get for moose,deer,bear and wild turkey?Thanks for all your replies.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I shoot the Exocet,, easy to cock and uncock (by hand ) Has more than enough power for any of the game you mentioned..

Good Luck with whatever excalibur you choose... I'm sure you won't be disappointed :wink:

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Always learning!!
Home fer now!

Post by Guest »

I was thinking about getting the exocet.Roughly what is the price for one?What accessories should I get?Remember I have never shot a crossbow before.
Digger

Post by Digger »

You can get an exocet bare bones model from $450 Can to $800 Can or $380 to $650 US complete. Pick up a stringer and a rope cocking aid.

Digger

http://www.archersnook.com/bows.html

http://www.archersnook.com/crossbow.html
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

I listened to the guys on this forum, and bought an Exocet. It's a great bow. Wouldn't buy anything else. Buy a rope cocker with it. I bought the whole package and thing it's the best way to go. What ever you do, buy an EXCALIBUR for sure.
Don

Post by Don »

Exocet is the best all around bow you can get from Excalibur. It is more than enough to bring down any game you can hunt in North America. Thems is Bill T's word himself. And it comes will come in under IBO speeds for 3D tournaments in the off season if you wish to participate and have a lot of fun. Just contact Excalibur themselves the addy is on their site. They are more than happy to help out potential new customers.
Give BJ a shout on here his service and prices are hard to beat.

Rope cocking aid is a must saves your fingers if you plan to do a lot of practise.

Cheers,
Don :lol:
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

I own all three OHIO LEGAL (the exomax is above the 200 pound limit) bows and have shot all of them extensively. My Exomag, though is the old version. I use a VIXEN for Ohio whitetails-4 shots in the last year, three kills (I missed a doe from a deflection by a stick I couldn't see through my scope)-all pass through double lung jobs.

That being said, the exocet is the best allround crossbow made period. I have two exocets-an early model that is my back up hunting bow and a fastflight job which is my 3D bow and the one I let people try at the range.

for the game you mentioned, the exocet is the way to go. I remember seeing pictures of Bernard Horton taking moose and bear with the little Horton safari "magnum" 20 years ago-steel prod 125 pounds (still have mine, one of the first real hu nting xbows made) and its bolt speed was less 2/3 that of a vixen.