BooFest Thank You

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mr meat

BooFest Thank You

Post by mr meat »

Kathy and I would like to thank Don ,Karin and the kids for making BooFest 2018 another great success.Thanks for all the time and effort that you guys put in to make this happen.The pig that the kids cooked was great,never seen a pig done like that before.Thanks to everyone that donated prizes and bought tickets for a great cause and helped out setting things up and taking down.Was great to see old friends and make new ones. Now the only down side was the rain Sunday morning that had a lot of people pack up and head out,I was soaked to the bone and was still damp 4 hours later when we got home.All in all another excellent event put on by a amazing family and letting us be a part of it! Thank you again :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: BooFest Thank You

Post by Doe Master »

I agree . Hard to find more gracious hosts. :D.
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Amen! Thank y’all so much for another great Boofest. Great friends, Great time , Great food. We had a blast and got a break from the heat too. Raised some money for a great cause too.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

As always we had a great time!!! Thank you Don and Karin for everything you do!!! The pig roast was awesome too!! Love seeing everyone again, until next year 😊😊😊😊
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

One of these dAYS hopefuly , mabe, some how ....... :eusa-pray:

Dave :eusa-drool:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
exocet200hunter

Post by exocet200hunter »

:eusa-clap:
Last edited by exocet200hunter on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exocet200hunter

Post by exocet200hunter »

Another awesome weekend ! Actually got to sleep in a tent this year and not a ground blind ( thank God cause Saturday nite would of sucked with the rain ).
Thank you to Don & Karin, Megan & Royce ( hope that's right ) for the pig roast, all the attendees, and sponsors that makes this " event " a success.
Hope to see you all again next year.

- Matt
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

mr meat wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:59 am
Kathy and I would like to thank Don ,Karin and the kids for making BooFest 2018 another great success.Thanks for all the time and effort that you guys put in to make this happen.The pig that the kids cooked was great,never seen a pig done like that before.Thanks to everyone that donated prizes and bought tickets for a great cause and helped out setting things up and taking down.Was great to see old friends and make new ones. Now the only down side was the rain Sunday morning that had a lot of people pack up and head out,I was soaked to the bone and was still damp 4 hours later when we got home.All in all another excellent event put on by a amazing family and letting us be a part of it! Thank you again :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:
....couldn't have said it better Wes....and 100% X2!

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
rossh

Post by rossh »

Sorry couldn’t make it . Sounds like I missed a great time . Long drive for me . Hopefully health will allow nest year . Ross
Slightly past my best before date .Made in Canada .But still having fun . K.I.S.S .
Ibex Xbow only one .
roly

Post by roly »

Thank you Don and Karin, You guys do and give so much.

Patty and I had such a great time, like always. We got to meet new friends and spend time with people who have become great friends, already looking forward to next year.
Megan and Royce, who we admire so much did a fantastic job on the pig roast.
Thank you to those who donated prizes and contributed to the success of the event. We always leave Boofest with that feel good feeling.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'm happy to have Boofest for the sake of all of us. Boofest creates that extra bond that well all have together. It's fun, relaxing, informative and it's just plain nice to see each other again and again. New people are always welcome with open arms!
Speaking of last weekend, did you guys know we had 5 engineers and I didn't make one crack about engineers? :mrgreen:
I am surprised that you guys didn't pester Rob, Kyle and Kevin with questions about future bows. It was the perfect opportunity to squeeze some scuttlebutt out of them :eusa-dance:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
janesy

Post by janesy »

Boo wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:51 pm
I'm happy to have Boofest for the sake of all of us. Boofest creates that extra bond that well all have together. It's fun, relaxing, informative and it's just plain nice to see each other again and again. New people are always welcome with open arms!
Speaking of last weekend, did you guys know we had 5 engineers and I didn't make one crack about engineers? :mrgreen:
I am surprised that you guys didn't pester Rob, Kyle and Kevin with questions about future bows. It was the perfect opportunity to squeeze some scuttlebutt out of them :eusa-dance:
Very welcoming, I'll attest to that.
Next year I'm coming with a list for the excalibur guys. This year was just too quick of a stop in for me. Spent the whole time remembering names, faces and handles.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

janesy wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:58 pm
Boo wrote:
Very welcoming, I'll attest to that.
Next year I'm coming with a list for the excalibur guys. This year was just too quick of a stop in for me. Spent the whole time remembering names, faces and handles.
Did you match any faces with the ones you see on the wall at the post office? I can think of a couple that would look like they belong there :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Boo wrote:
Funny you should mention that Boo, I gave them my opinions on my must have features for a 2019 Excalibur bow and I got a wink and a nod, maybe I’ll bite the bullet next year.

Thanks for hosting this awesome event!
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
SEW

Post by SEW »

I’m hoping this year is the last year I’ll miss Boofest. We’ve had family issues that have prevented travel. Hopefully and expectantly, this will soon be in the past.
There is just something about Excalibur xbows that seems to attract the nicest people. I’m afraid to come and mess up the “party”. Kind of like, “If you find the perfect church, don’t join it. It won’t be perfect any more.”.
Plan to see you next year.