Arizona E-Z Fletch

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Arizona E-Z Fletch

Post by jody5252 »

UPDATE... No doubt this has been asked many times before, but can I get some, no wait, ALL opinions on this fletching jig... Is this type of jig, legit? Pros, cons? Worth the $46/50 price tag? I am considering the E-Z fletch - RW offset 4* (degree) (for aluminum 2219 Arrows) That way, I can use it for 3" vanes on my Exocet, and for feathers, for my vert. bow... As for my soon to be purchased, 315 micro, I plan on using the same type arrow (shorter 16") using 2" vanes. I thought about getting an extra set of arms, (E-Z bolt) for use with these vanes, for more helical. Would this be a good way to fletch my Arrows? Are these jigs as good as all the hype, about them? Still like my Bitz jig, but I have noticed that sometimes the arrow slips sometimes, when I rotate to apply the next vane. Not acceptable! Thanks, J.
Last edited by jody5252 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
amythntr

Re: Arizona E-Z Fletch

Post by amythntr »

.....yes, the product (s) are legit and work well....My only experience is with the "bolt" and I love it!....it puts a nice helical on the 2" Blazers....the Bitz CANNOT put any kind of helical or offset on the 2" Blazers as the way the clamp is designed it is not meant for anything 2".This was confirmed by observation and call to Bitz....they said they were getting some inquiries about a 2" clamp and I was told that it was in the works but they do not seem to have done anything....

Back to the Bolt....it is quick and accurate and repeatable....if glue gets stuck on the blades you dust soak it in acetone and you are good to go!

.....are they worth the price for a piece of plastic?....well, they are that price because people buy them, because they work....why lower the price!

Anthony :D

PS FED UP WITH THIS RE SIGNING IN TO POST!!!
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

jody5252 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:56 pm
No doubt this has been asked many times before, but can I get some, no wait, ALL opinions on this fletching jig... Is this type of jig, legit? Pros, cons? Worth the $46/50 price tag? I am considering the E-Z fletch - RW offset 4* (degree) (for aluminum 2219 Arrows) That way, I can use it for 3" vanes on my Exocet, and for feathers, for my vert. bow... As for my soon to be purchased, 315 micro, I plan on using the same type arrow (shorter 16") using 2" vanes. I thought about getting an extra set of arms, (E-Z bolt) for use with these vanes, for more helical. Would this be a good way to fletch my Arrows? Are these jigs as good as all the hype, about them? Still like my Bitz jig, but I have noticed that sometimes the arrow slips sometimes, when I rotate to apply the next vane. Not acceptable! Thanks, J.

The E-Z fletch does work real well and you have described a good plan for extra arms as well as vane sizes/configuration. I have used most of the fletching jigs on the market at one time or another over the last 30 years of fletching my own arrows and most of the time I would return to the Bitz until I got the E-Z fletch bolt.

That being said the only issue I ever had with the E-Z fletch is that the blazer vanes are slightly loose in the arm slots and can move without notice when you release the arms to close on the shaft. I recently purchased a Bohning crossbow helix tower jig which comes with arms for 3° right helical on 2” blazers and right offset arms for up to 4” vanes. I love this jig and don’t see any change for me in the near future.

Hope this helped
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Worth every penny as far as I am concerned, very easy to use , does an excellent job in a hurry,
very nice helical, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dave :eusa-clap:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I use the Ez bolt model helical 2 inch with blazer veins on 2219 aluminum shafts an get great results with a heavy broadhead up front .
I think you will need a different jig for vertical bow arrows as the bolt model has no cock feather sloted nock string alignment the bottom is flat .
I still use my Bitzenburger jig on traditional arrows .
Hunt eat sleep repeat.

Post by newbie »

gerald strine wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:27 pm
I use the Ez bolt model helical 2 inch with blazer veins on 2219 aluminum shafts an get great results with a heavy broadhead up front .
I think you will need a different jig for vertical bow arrows as the bolt model has no cock feather sloted nock string alignment the bottom is flat .
The ez bolt has a v grove reciever in the bottom that works with traditional nocks. I use one to index my arrows works well
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
elkaholic

Post by elkaholic »

When I go to the proshop here in phx. To shoot indoors, out to 40 yrds. I see several Arizona ez blue flethers laying on the counter being used by the owner and crew fletching blank shafts. I'd say Yes and give the fletcher , ☆☆☆☆☆

Not sure about flat or moon knocks though.
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

gerald strine wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:27 pm
What grain/type head, do you use? Do you use a steel insert, for weight up front? Thanks, J.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

UPDATE- So far the E-Z fletch, is great. Currently fletching feathers for my Compound. A few goofs, at first... I do have a concern about when I start to fletch my x-bow arrows. With the flat nock, could it slip/turn while closing? Since the nock is unable to be held tightly in the receiver. Has anyone had any issues with this? Thanks, J.
SEW

Post by SEW »

I’ve used EZ Fletch for a long time.
Bolt for helical Blazers.
RH 4 degree Offset for various vanes for xbow and compound.
LH 4 degree Offset for my vertical recurve/feathers as I shoot right handed. Left Offset for RH shooters.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

jody5252 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:35 am
UPDATE- So far the E-Z fletch, is great. Currently fletching feathers for my Compound. A few goofs, at first... I do have a concern about when I start to fletch my x-bow arrows. With the flat nock, could it slip/turn while closing? Since the nock is unable to be held tightly in the receiver. Has anyone had any issues with this? Thanks, J.
I use the plastic BEE and Zombie nocks so I just change to a halfmoon nock on my arrows before I use the EZ.. this even allows me to "time" my broadhead to the orientation that I like. It doesn't lock into the tool but you can feel it center up as you slowly twist the shaft back and forth.
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

MTBighorn wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:58 am
jody5252 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:35 am
I use the plastic BEE and Zombie nocks so I just change to a halfmoon nock on my arrows before I use the EZ.. this even allows me to "time" my broadhead to the orientation that I like. It doesn't lock into the tool but you can feel it center up as you slowly twist the shaft back and forth.
Thanks, MTBighorn… That is what I thought about doing. Good to know, it will work... :thumbup:
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

SEW wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:43 am
I’ve used EZ Fletch for a long time.
Bolt for helical Blazers.
RH 4 degree Offset for various vanes for xbow and compound.
LH 4 degree Offset for my vertical recurve/feathers as I shoot right handed. Left Offset for RH shooters.
That is what I bought... RH 4 degree for my feathers, and 3" x-bow vanes. I also, just got the arms for the bolt, so I can fletch 2" vanes... Thanks for the input. :thumbup: