Do you guys remember Makena from 2015?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Do you guys remember Makena from 2015?

Post by Boo »

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57068&p=552576&hilit=makena#p552576

She's back in the fight again. Makena had a occurrence of her Leukemia again and she just barely made it. This poor baby is in the fight for her life again. The email below is from Julie, Makena's mother.
Hi don, i am sorry i did not update u all sooner its been hell for 7 months and we are just starting to catch our breath. Yes makena relapsed in december just 10 months after she finished treatment. We stayed at mcmaster for 56 days where they were unable to get her back into remission. She was very ill and there was a period we thought we might lose her. By some grace of god she pulled through and we were accepted for a drug trial that easily and quickly put her into remission. Sick kids in toronto found her a 100% match for stem cell donation and we moved down there on april 9th to start a long tough transplant process. Alot of radiation and heavy chemo killed most of her bone marrow for which then she got the donor cells. We spent the next 33 days in a 12x10 ft isolation room she was very ill again for a few weeks. Like the hero she is she rallyed and we were able to move next door to the ronald mcdonald house where we stayed for another 2 months so sick kids could keep a close eye on her . We finally got home 3 weeks ago and its wonderful to be here. There are bumps in the road as she has some of her own stubborn cells still growing in her bone marrow. The donor cells are fighting these off but its up and down every week. We may need to contact the donor again in hopes he agrees to donate more stem cells. This is alot to ask of a stranger. Hopefully we do not need to get to that as its week by week to see how her cells are growing. Please feel free to share with all the wonderful people on the forum. Also on a side note, it took a couple seasons but last fall i finally harvested my first bow deer with my excalibur! Only healthy organic meat for my girl this year. Thanks for checking in. I hope u are well and please send my love to everyone!
Also your anyone on the forum that has facebook my page is public and can be viewed by anyone. Just need to search me. Julie Simon Noble.
Julie

Needless to say that I am feeling a bit crushed to read about Makena.
I'll straighten out the pictures later. I can upload them right now because of network issues, so I used the link address in my gmail
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Do you guys remember Makena from 2015?

Post by Doe Master »

I have no words to say .
A young one should never have to face this much adversity . :?
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Normous

Post by Normous »

Made me teary eyed...
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Prayers sent for that little girl
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Just breaks my heart to read that. Poor little girl.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

So sad. In our thoughts and prayers.
MickB

Post by MickB »

What a crap deal. After 25 years military and contracting I found most the worlds crap can be explained by universal laws of survival. But I could never understand natures purpose in trying to take small kids out of the game.
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Evil has no sympathy for the young or old! Heart felt prayers for this little child...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
SEW

Post by SEW »

Satan has no mercy!
Boo

Post by Boo »

SEW wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:24 pm
Satan has no mercy!
Kinda makes you want to go and beat the hell out of him doesn't it?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
SEW

Post by SEW »

Boo wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:40 pm
SEW wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:24 pm
Satan has no mercy!
Kinda makes you want to go and beat the hell out of him doesn't it?
Yes, but he and his other fallen angles will spend eternity in Hell . He’s one bad guy, but he’ll get his due. God doesn’t need our help. Not even Charles Bronson’s help. But the movies were entertaining, never the less.

We need to pray more for Makena than thinking about our crossbows.

Don, I’m sure I’m expressing the thoughts of many, thank you for caring so much for those innocent victims of devastating illnesses.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I hope and pray the little one will be healed !