Moose?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ChrisK

Moose?

Post by ChrisK »

If one wanted to hunt moose what would be the cheapest but have the best chance at a moose?
Wouldn’t matter if it was called,stalked,hunted out of a treestand, or any other legal to hunt them(legal being priority). Doesn’t matter if it’s archery equipment or firearm either.
Feel free to PM if you wish not to post anything on this thread.
Thanks ahead of time to all the might help me out.
elkaholic

Re: Moose?

Post by elkaholic »

It's on my bucket list! Try ed finding cheapest way. Definitely a Canada hunt. Forget alaska. Most likely place get a tag was close to boofest area but not a good chance at succcess.

Like why go hunting and spend a couple grand and not get a chance to tag something.

Sorry can't help ya but if anyone chimes in on a good deal, I'm still thinking about a moose hunt too!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I would like to go but.........now in my older years l look at a big buck after l shot it n go.......ohh geese l gotta get this big ba $$tard outta here n up on the truck .....a moose is a much bigger problem all of its own. Lol. I will stick to smaller critters for now.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

id look into Newfoundland hunts. not exactly cheap but less costly compared to Alaska with a good chance of getting a chance at one.you have to decide if you want an expensive camping trip or save up a few years and go where they are in good numbers and tags available.
janesy

Post by janesy »

elkaholic wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:44 pm
It's on my bucket list! Try ed finding cheapest way. Definitely a Canada hunt. Forget alaska. Most likely place get a tag was close to boofest area but not a good chance at succcess.

Like why go hunting and spend a couple grand and not get a chance to tag something.

Sorry can't help ya but if anyone chimes in on a good deal, I'm still thinking about a moose hunt too!
Dont buy a tag near Boofest, unless Don Knows something even the Moosies dont know. Altho I'm an hour North of him and we've had ONE moose wondering around here for almost 2 years. If a season ever opens up on it poor thing, wont stand a chance. It'll be more of a lottery to see who opens their curtains and sees it in their backyard

In order to be successful in Ontario, you'll need to be 15-20 hours North through an outfitter. Thousands of areas in between but no tags and no outfitters.
I was discussing a moose trip with a company I fish with, and they have 100% success rate. But they are the same distance from me as Orlando to the South LOL. Anderson's Lodge.

I would be looking into Newfoundland, or possibly New Brunswick. I know a couple years ago, someone on this site posted a successful Moose hunt from out there.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Newfoundland is your best bet. A cow tag will increase your odds and probably give you the best eating.